Volvo air suspension

When I’m unloading my air suspension invariably rises to the highest setting as I take weight off. How can I set the suspension so the ride height stays the same while I unload? The reason is I’m not always parked on the flat so any slope makes it harder to unload.

Manually raise (or lower) the suspension just a little bit before switching off the ignition.

Do you not press and hold the stop button on the suspension remote while turning the ignition off? I’m sure that keeps the suspension active when the ignition is off. Won’t work if the air drops too low though.

I believe with Volvo’s if you press the green (ride height) button on the remote, it will auto adjust the air suspension during unloading to keep it level.

You could find it drains your tanks though.

With the ignition on I set the height how I want it and then turn the ignition off. As I unload pallets out the back door the front invariably rises. Pressing the green button returns the ride height to normal running height.

What you have to do is… with the ignition on, press the button to the left so an orange light comes on.
Then you can turn ignition off and take keys out, and as long as there is air in the tanks the suspension will stay level.
I used to do lots of RDC deliveries reversed onto the loading bay with an FH and always did this.
It works the same if you are loading as well, it stops the mudguards pushing down onto your tyres as the weight goes in. Just remember to drop your middle axle before you start loading, and with both situations, (tipping or loading) make sure your air is up before you turn engine off.
Try it tomorrow. And you can tell me how great I am! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Cheers for that, I’m off today and tomorrow so you’ll have to wait until Saturday. What if I need it down and to stay down?

From memory, do as above, when orange light comes on, just drop suspension using up/down button, leave orange light on, turn ignition off and take keys out.
When you turn ignition on, press the other button (green? Can’t remember as haven’t driven FH since March) the one next to the orange, and it will reset itself to ride height.

Usually you drop all the air on the trailer and leave the handle in the down or manual position. That gives a nice downhill slope and the trailer doesn’t go up and down as they go on/off the ramp. Many places will even tell you to drop the air on the trailer.

Leave the bloody ignition on so it can reset doh!

kindle530:
What you have to do is… with the ignition on, press the button to the left so an orange light comes on.
Then you can turn ignition off and take keys out, and as long as there is air in the tanks the suspension will stay level.
I used to do lots of RDC deliveries reversed onto the loading bay with an FH and always did this.
It works the same if you are loading as well, it stops the mudguards pushing down onto your tyres as the weight goes in. Just remember to drop your middle axle before you start loading, and with both situations, (tipping or loading) make sure your air is up before you turn engine off.
Try it tomorrow. And you can tell me how great I am! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Yeah, ok. You’re great!

All the bloody years I’ve driven Volvo’s and I never knew that!

What if i want it downm and to stay dowm? I can’t leave the keys in the ignition.

mick.mh2racing:
What if i want it downm and to stay dowm? I can’t leave the keys in the ignition.

Drop the suspension prior to removing the keys mate. Once the air has been let out it won’t reinflate as the load comes off.

Thank you Mr Sandwich!
I only found out when I was driving mk1 FHs in Sweden and another driver told me.
I did check in the manual when I was at DHL and it is in there as well.

mick.mh2racing:

Did you read my 2nd post?

Yeah I read your second post. I drop the front to where I want it by pressing the orange one and the us and down across then take keys out.
It still comes up as I take weight off.