Volvo adblue drivers check your fault codes

all volvo adblue drivers check the engine diagnostics after start up after about 1 min running as we are seeing more and more adblue heater hose failures on fm/fh models. The fault wont make a difference to engine performance at this time of year as im told the heater element doesnt kick in till -7 degrees but if your truck is due out of warranty get them changed as they cost upto £300 each and there is 4 or 5 of them and ive seen them last as little as 14 months.The heater wires fail that run along the pipes to stop the pigs ■■■■ freezing in winter ! Volvo are well aware of the problems but a recall is highly unlikely!!!

Sounds like a real good idea!

Why not use a bit of common sense and warm it using the engine coolant or is that to clever for those genius Swedes?

TOECUTTER:
but if your truck is due out of warranty get them changed as they cost upto £300 each !

Or just get the adblue turned off and forget about it

Anybody ever had any problem with adblue actually freezing? On theMDSS for my adblue IBC it states that adblue freezes at -11c. Some of my older FH’s have had the fault code for adblue heater pipes active for some years, but it’s never given a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coiler:
Anybody ever had any problem with adblue actually freezing? On theMDSS for my adblue IBC it states that adblue freezes at -11c. Some of my older FH’s have had the fault code for adblue heater pipes active for some years, but it’s never given a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

winter 2010 volvo dealer had IBCs stored outside all frozen lol.

chaversdad:

TOECUTTER:
but if your truck is due out of warranty get them changed as they cost upto £300 each !

i agree ,thats ok if your an owner driver ,but fleet drivers will soon grass u up when 1 truck drives straight past the pump and is out the gate 5 mins before the 1 filling up .

TOECUTTER:

chaversdad:

TOECUTTER:

i agree ,thats ok if your an owner driver ,but fleet drivers will soon grass u up when 1 truck drives straight past the pump and is out the gate 5 mins before the 1 filling up .

Obviously thats what i meant as

A, you wouldnt be arsed about checking any fault codes and getting things changed if you were just an employed driver and

B, you posted this in the Owner operator forum anyway :smiley: :wink:

Bking:

Why not use a bit of common sense and warm it using the engine coolant or is that to clever for those genius Swedes?

they tried that on the earlier models even more troublesome lol.

TOECUTTER:
all volvo adblue drivers check the engine diagnostics after start up after about 1 min running as we are seeing more and more adblue heater hose failures on fm/fh models. The fault wont make a difference to engine performance at this time of year as im told the heater element doesnt kick in till -7 degrees but if your truck is due out of warranty get them changed as they cost upto £300 each and there is 4 or 5 of them and ive seen them last as little as 14 months.The heater wires fail that run along the pipes to stop the pigs ■■■■ freezing in winter ! Volvo are well aware of the problems but a recall is highly unlikely!!!

Sounds about right. Not a lot has changed in manufacturers’ attitude towards their customers.

TOECUTTER:

Bking:

they tried that on the earlier models even more troublesome lol.

Seems to work for most other manufacturers,maybe “troublesome” is a shorter way of saying"not screwing em for enough money for bits" eh.