Vlaardingen - Immingham ferry

Evening,just been informed I’m being booked onto the DFDS ferry from Vlaardingen to Immingham on Friday night,anyone used this crossing recently?What’s it like?

TezzDemon:
Evening,just been informed I’m being booked onto the DFDS ferry from Vlaardingen to Immingham on Friday night,anyone used this crossing recently?What’s it like?

Norfolk Line that was, good ships, good crossing

Good stuff :slight_smile:

TezzDemon:
Good stuff :slight_smile:

it used to go into Killinghome but when DFDS took over they swapped it to Riverside terminal

Am I right in thinking it’s a freight-only service?

TezzDemon:
Am I right in thinking it’s a freight-only service?

Yes, it used to be 12 drivers only, although occasionally they used to sneak a couple of freight forwarders on as a freebie

yes you are right there wheelnut 12 drivers i came back on that boat about 4 month ago on my route from assen to
belfast you get the free meal and 5 cans of beer not the best boat but not the worst

We used it for a while when it was Norfolk Line. I don’t think I’ve been on it since DFDS took over.
It isn’t the worst boat I’ve been on, but its far from the best. It floats and goes in the right direction :exclamation:
Freight only and maximum 12 drivers, but there are only 6 cabins. These are quite roomy cabins though and the bed spaces are now curtained off single beds, it used to be bunk beds. The beds are comfy enough, the food is ok and there used to be a limited range of duty-frees.

It isn’t that easy to find on your first visit to Vlaardingen.
The easiest way is to come Northbound through the Benelux tunnel, keep to the righthand pipe and take the Vlaadringen exit immediately after the pipe comes above ground again. The slip-road does a U turn, keep to both righthand lanes to turn right and go over the top of the tunnel. Follow that road through two sets of traffic lights. After the second set the road narrows from 2 lanes to 1 then curves left. If you look to your left you’ll see the DFDS boats in the dock. After the bend is a short straight, over a level crossing to another set of lights, take the left lane and turn left at these lights. You’ll come to a small roundabout with a strange arrangement of exits right beside the terminal building. Take the 3rd exit which is at about 11 o’clock, drive slowly through the scanner gantry, book in at the gate, then, wearing your glow-in-the-dark, park up and walk to the terminal building. Go to where you can see that roundabout through the fence. Go into the last office on your left, you need your passport here and the ticket from gate security. If you’re going to be waiting around, there are showers on the ground floor (if they haven’t had all the fixtures stripped out again) and a canteen up stairs. The canteen had a strange little smokers booth, if you use the weed. It was a glass box which a few smokers can fit into with some mega extraction fans. Dunno if its still there.

Simon:
We used it for a while when it was Norfolk Line. I don’t think I’ve been on it since DFDS took over.
It isn’t the worst boat I’ve been on, but its far from the best. It floats and goes in the right direction :exclamation:
Freight only and maximum 12 drivers, but there are only 6 cabins. These are quite roomy cabins though and the bed spaces are now curtained off single beds, it used to be bunk beds. The beds are comfy enough, the food is ok and there used to be a limited range of duty-frees.

It isn’t that easy to find on your first visit to Vlaardingen.
The easiest way is to come Northbound through the Benelux tunnel, keep to the righthand pipe and take the Vlaadringen exit immediately after the pipe comes above ground again. The slip-road does a U turn, keep to both righthand lanes to turn right and go over the top of the tunnel. Follow that road through two sets of traffic lights. After the second set the road narrows from 2 lanes to 1 then curves left. If you look to your left you’ll see the DFDS boats in the dock. After the bend is a short straight, over a level crossing to another set of lights, take the left lane and turn left at these lights. You’ll come to a small roundabout with a strange arrangement of exits right beside the terminal building. Take the 3rd exit which is at about 11 o’clock, drive slowly through the scanner gantry, book in at the gate, then, wearing your glow-in-the-dark, park up and walk to the terminal building. Go to where you can see that roundabout through the fence. Go into the last office on your left, you need your passport here and the ticket from gate security. If you’re going to be waiting around, there are showers on the ground floor (if they haven’t had all the fixtures stripped out again) and a canteen up stairs. The canteen had a strange little smokers booth, if you use the weed. It was a glass box which a few smokers can fit into with some mega extraction fans. Dunno if its still there.

There are also signs for Vopak Vlardingen which is on the same road