vive la france

Say what you like about the French. But when they decide to protest, They do it right.
Everyone moaned in the UK about high fuel prices, They did a few whimpy style protests, pipped their horns a bit then went back to bed.
People in the UK did some very stern letters about the Dcpc, Then rolled over and paid for the training. :unamused:

If you want something doing, Get a Frenchman to do it. Willi betz and other large hauliers get involved, Where were the big players when we had our pathetic excuses for protests?

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24831682

rt.com/news/france-police-clash-protest-143/

france24.com/en/20131116-fre … 9875126784

euronews.com/2013/11/10/fran … t-eco-tax/

Too right Phil.
You must have met “Mr i am putting the world right”,driver while waiting at the RDC.
He will harp on about the Dcpc,and i don’t eat that foreign muck they serve up in Benidorm or Torremolinos.
And only eats Heinz Beans on the Costa Plonker and a full English fry up with a can of Boddingtons.
Will not venture out 500 metres past the resort for two weeks.
I have been in the French drivers strikes.
If you drive past the barricades,they smash the windscreen and spike the fuel tank.
The English just moan but do nothing.
If a law came that said jump off Beachy Head.They would abide by the law and jump off.

Forgive me for stating the obvious here gentlemen, but those stories are 3 months old.

Hardly a front page scoop, are they?

Ken.

and the French already do there Dcpc
in the form of FMOS & FCOS

as Phillis says but at least they stick together

Quinny:
Forgive me for stating the obvious here gentlemen, but those stories are 3 months old.

Hardly a front page scoop, are they?

Ken.

And already covered in this thread.

I just used the dcpc and fuel tax problems as examples. The thread isn’t just about those two things. It is beyond some forum members comprehension to look at the bigger picture and contribute.

Dont post as often as i should on here, still a newbie to the game, but the same question always seems to appear regardless of the subject…why don’t we stick together and make a change?
One thing i’ve noticed in the trade is just how tightly run the logistics chain is, whatever the load. This was demonstrated with the refinery strike somewhere up north i think, fuel wasn’t getting to where it was needed, i.e. everywhere! Made me wonder just how long it would take for the whole chain to come to a grinding halt should drivers :unamused: decide to stop driving for a while, 12 hours, 18, 24?
Although I’m fully aware that a majority will post that there are always other drivers who would jump into the seat so to speak, but should we all coordinate something across the board, maybe the powers that be would finally realise just how important truckers are! :unamused:

Darktower.That is the best post of the year.A week should do it.
The supermarket shelves emptied.
Factories shut.No raw or bulk materials.
Airports shut.No aviation fuel.
Those poor Nimby anti truck spotters would be out of a job.
Most drivers are spinless and do the talk with no action.
One example is being found guilty with illegal immigrants ,where you pay ÂŁ2000 for each one found.
That law was passed with no resistance.
If an aircraft or ship and train has illegals found,the Captain is not fined.
If we all wrote to Mp’s to say what a rip off Msa parking is and lack of decent parking.But they do not as i am alright Jack attitude.

Darktower:
Dont post as often as i should on here, still a newbie to the game, but the same question always seems to appear regardless of the subject…why don’t we stick together and make a change?
One thing i’ve noticed in the trade is just how tightly run the logistics chain is, whatever the load. This was demonstrated with the refinery strike somewhere up north i think, fuel wasn’t getting to where it was needed, i.e. everywhere! Made me wonder just how long it would take for the whole chain to come to a grinding halt should drivers :unamused: decide to stop driving for a while, 12 hours, 18, 24?
Although I’m fully aware that a majority will post that there are always other drivers who would jump into the seat so to speak, but should we all coordinate something across the board, maybe the powers that be would finally realise just how important truckers are! :unamused:

It would seem that we nowhere as important as just about every other trade you care to mention and have too high an opinion of ourselves - don’t you know how long it takes to train as a … well you get the idea!

The desire for change is there but the will isn’t!!!

Darktower:

I’ve been saying the above for a while and been ridiculed for it. :laughing:

It’s a very good point Darktower. But you’ll find most drivers on here are far more interested in the latest spec of the FH, the last numpty that cut them up, or what the new Scania looks like, than actually sticking together to improve things.

limeyphil:
Say what you like about the French. But when they decide to protest, They do it right.
Everyone moaned in the UK about high fuel prices, They did a few whimpy style protests, pipped their horns a bit then went back to bed.
People in the UK did some very stern letters about the Dcpc, Then rolled over and paid for the training. :unamused:

If you want something doing, Get a Frenchman to do it. Willi betz and other large hauliers get involved, Where were the big players when we had our pathetic excuses for protests?

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24831682

rt.com/news/france-police-clash-protest-143/

france24.com/en/20131116-fre … 9875126784

euronews.com/2013/11/10/fran … t-eco-tax/

I agree. The aussies don’t call us whinging poms for nothing.

You 2 pricks I was in the lorry drivers strike while you were still in nappies my first mortgage had just been approved . Never again so next we were going to strike over the tachograph. Well that never happened. Have you ever had your business affected by the French. And yes I have no problem with any nation just don’t get in my way

toby1234abc:
Darktower.That is the best post of the year.A week should do it.
The supermarket shelves emptied.
Factories shut.No raw or bulk materials.
Airports shut.No aviation fuel.
Those poor Nimby anti truck spotters would be out of a job.
Most drivers are spinless and do the talk with no action.
One example is being found guilty with illegal immigrants ,where you pay ÂŁ2000 for each one found.
That law was passed with no resistance.
If an aircraft or ship and train has illegals found,the Captain is not fined.
If we all wrote to Mp’s to say what a rip off Msa parking is and lack of decent parking.But they do not as i am alright Jack attitude.

Hey toby you must love this someone else ain’t got a clue . Bet you got for the first time a semi

How many french trucks are now driven by a bogdan or tomaz how many norbert motors are flaged out?

Remember reading somewhere that its written in the french constitution that citizens are permitted to organised protest if they feel they are being unfairly treated .Where as in this country striking is more or less frowned upon . In the unlikely event of truck drivers being part of an organised independent union im sure the establishment would do everything in its power to shut it down.

If we all stopped driving, the next thing that would happen is that the army would be drafted in to drive our trucks for us. Granted, not as many would move as do normally, but there would be enough to get fuel and food to where it needs to be. One of the main benefits to government of having an army in the first place is that there is a large body of men and women who have been trained in unquestioning obedience and will do stuff like this without a second thought. And as others have said, driving trucks is not rocket science.

Rhythm Thief:
If we all stopped driving, the next thing that would happen is that the army would be drafted in to drive our trucks for us. Granted, not as many would move as do normally, but there would be enough to get fuel and food to where it needs to be. One of the main benefits to government of having an army in the first place is that there is a large body of men and women who have been trained in unquestioning obedience and will do stuff like this without a second thought. And as others have said, driving trucks is not rocket science.

So true but will they read and re read your post. I, m proud to have been a uk lorry driver and to pass both cpc, s no not the 1s your thinking of. Proud but never thought I was a super star. Eric Clapton now that’s a super star

I’m proud to be a UK lorry driver, too, and I would happily walk away from any job where I felt I was being shafted or otherwise taken advantage of, but there’s no point being blind to the realities of what would happen if we all downed tools. We caught the government on the hop with the fuel strike back in 2001 (?) but that won’t happen again.
I was all for the fuel strike, by the way: at the time I didn’t own a car and went everywhere by push bike, so I got sent by the agency to loads of jobs, all of which sent me home straight away with 8 hours’ pay because there was no diesel. I basically got paid to ride my bike for a week. :sunglasses:

toothpick johnny:
You 2 pricks I was in the lorry drivers strike while you were still in nappies my first mortgage had just been approved . Never again so next we were going to strike over the tachograph. Well that never happened. Have you ever had your business affected by the French. And yes I have no problem with any nation just don’t get in my way

Who’s a prick?