Vista, Outlook and Office 2007

As it says. I am running the above OS. I bought Office Home and Student and really miss Outlook.

Apart from inserting an attachment, what are my other ways of sending documents direct from the office suite?

I don’t like Windows live mail. I don’t trust it. Outlook is another £112 and I will not give Mr Gates anymore money.

Let me know any other ideas you might have.

Thanks. Malc

Googlemail is good, whilst composing an email, it gives you the option of browsing through your files and documents and attaching which one you want. :wink:

Googlemail is the one .Its Gmail everywhere else in the World except UK because a guy in UK had already registered the name .He went to court to try to get some dosh but Google just changed the name to Googlemail .Not many people know that.

I think you’ll find it hard to find any really worthwhile options for email in Office without Outlook, but this may be of interest to you.

Thanks for all those answers. I think I can decide my next step from them.

TVM :stuck_out_tongue:

what did you use before you had Office 2007, can’t you just keep using that? I use outlook 2003 with office 2007 without any problems

jimti:
what did you use before you had Office 2007, can’t you just keep using that? I use outlook 2003 with office 2007 without any problems

That was my question really. Can I use Outlook 2003 with Vista?

My XP machine is fine and as long as I remember to save documents as doc and not docx I can use it, just didn’t want to blitz my vista to bits.

I am playing about with this chap at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

pppppppp pick up a penguin :smiley:

That was my question really. Can I use Outlook 2003 with Vista?

Yes

My XP machine is fine and as long as I remember to save documents as doc and not docx I can use it, just didn’t want to blitz my vista to bits.

That’s not XP or Vista thats doing the docx extension thats Office 2007. I’m sure theres a setting in it for always saving docs as Office 97 - 2003 compatible, doc extension. I’ve found that renaming a doc to remove the ‘x’ in the extension works just as well, if you forget. :blush: :laughing:

To automatically save Word documents with the .doc extension in Word 2007:

Click on the “Office Button” in Word (top left hand corner) and select “Word Options” (bottom of the dialogue box), click on the “Save” tab and in the “save files in this format” option choose “Word 97-2003 document (.doc)”.

Word documents will now be saved in the .doc format by default.