Visited the test centre today

well i made a quick visit this afternoon to the lgv test centre to take a look at the reverse lane, its been 12 years since i was last there for my rigid test. it looked the same of what i could remember and i took a good look at the reverse lane.

from what i could make out you start at the top right hand corner and make your way across the lane and back in to a lane with cones either side and there is a white plastic fence at the end of the box. so how would i start to make this manovere? i know i have not even started lessons yet but the more i know now the easier it should be in reality.would i be right in saying i will need to do a right hand down first to start going across the lane and then left hand down to start straiten up.where will the pivot point be? how close will i need to be to the white fence at the end?

when i recouple the unit up how will i know if i am going to get the pin in without getting out and looking? on the 5th wheel that is.

Its the same reversing exercise as the rigid one, I wouldn’t worry too much about the mechanics of it until you do your lessons I think you are worrying too much at the moment! When recoupling just drive straight back until you connect, you then put it in a forward gear, if the truck doesn’t move forward its connected.

amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI … 35-4008604
I found this book quite useful. There is some useful info regarding the test (reversing/coupling etc) and it explains what the examiner is looking for.

Used that book myself, as its the DSA version it should correspond exactly to the test requirements.