Visible valid insurance cover

In Europe , all vehicles display insurance with a card in the windscreen , it may have a hologram to deter fraud and false insurance.
So why not the same system in the UK ?
If your next door neighbours didn’t display it, would you dob them in for no insurance ?
In a traffic jam, if there is the police to see if you are legal or illegal .
When there are miles of stationary traffic at a shut motorway, officers could take a stroll and book them all .

Because the copper can sit in his nice warm BMW and have an automated camera system check it instead.

Should have it for cyclists though!!

A great idea tobes…but i would dob any one i thought was driving a motorised vehicle with no insurance definitely…tax i`m not too bothered…( unless hes a foreigner who has been driving his car over here for the last 5 years on polish tax…litho tax, checko tax… bg tax…ro tax…yes if i could i would dob them all…except those without a tv licence…theyre alright.

It’s 2017, paper discs are yesterday’s method. If you want to be a busy body and check your neighbours insurance or tax or not just get your phone out and open the Web browser. As for police at an accident they know if everything is legal before they get out of the car

Lets hope that Bertie is insured as he goes around with no seat belt on Luke .

Like Luke says, it’s 2017, not 1950.

“Blue Peter-esque alterations to insurance disc today saw a driver disq for a year and €600fine in Waterford Dist Ct”
5:09 PM - 22 Jan 2015 An Garda Síochána ‏@GardaTraffic

“Mayorstone Gardaí seize car with altered insurance disc. Be road legal every time you use the road ! #YCBAT
12:42 PM - 13 Apr 2016 An Garda Síochána ‏@GardaTraffic

switchlogic:
It’s 2017, paper discs are yesterday’s method.

*** Cough *** O licence *** Cough ***

The reason tobes is the many thieves now in the uk…many disabled badges are being nicked, so an insurance document would also get nicked, regardless of whose number is on it…it would look good in the windscreen though…so long as your not followed…In eastern europ we are required to carry in the glove box all documents for the vehicle…we are given 2 sets…one for home, one for the car…and a big fine for not carrying them or producing them on the spot ( same really ) I would like to see a similar system, but put everything on a credit card sized card…much easier to manage, and more convenient. When you renew your tax…be sent a card for 6 months…or 12…and the same for insurance…and m.o.t…i have watched a few police progs recently and they really are scrapping cars caught with no insurance… and so they should.

truckyboy:
In eastern europ we are required to carry in the glove box all documents for the vehicle…we are given 2 sets…one for home, one for the car…and a big fine for not carrying them or producing them on the spot ( same really )

In the eastern europe where I live you don’t have to carry anything at all with you when driving. The databases concerning your licence, the car, mot, insurance are all online so no hassle at all.

I think that the vehicle excise duty should include a component to cover basic third party cover. That way there would be no uninsured vehicles on the road.