virginia

stagedriver:
Wait, Luke is 34?! :astonished:

Ummmm, yes. 35 shortly. Why? Am I looking older?!

I was provisonally offered a position the last time they were recruiting and the only reason Iā€™m not driving for them was the pay in euros(and 2 days CPC needed, which I still havenā€™t got round to doing :blush: ). I need to know how much Iā€™m getting, not chance things on exchange rates. I must say though I am Captain Cautious and and donā€™t take many chances when it comes to the mortgage being paid. Main reason I applied was for the variety of work, good tackle and Lukeā€™s experiences with them. Good luck to all that apply.

Why do people keep in asking about this firm all the time? Luke has give you the basics, if you fancie the job apply, if itā€™s what you expected and your happy, great! If not just hand your notice in and leave. People need to stop knocking things that they have no first hand experience of. Stop acting like old women and just apply, who knows how it will turn out!

Thereal-john:
Why do people keep in asking about this firm all the time? Luke has give you the basics, if you fancie the job apply, if itā€™s what you expected and your happy, great! If not just hand your notice in and leave. People need to stop knocking things that they have no first hand experience of. Stop acting like old women and just apply, who knows how it will turn out!

X1

Luke was that you parked at caen ouistreham docks yesterday 13th august? I seen a virginia 3axle r440 topline scania parked there was wondering if it was you?

It would be hard to miss him his names all over it!

No it was not me and yes I am indeed very easy to spot, if not for the names all over the place then for Bertie sticking out like a sore thumb!

Iā€™ve just been reading all the postings on this subject of Virginia Transport AGAIN & they seem to raise a lot of comments mainly from people speculating what they are like and not really knowing. Then this chap Luke defending them to the hilt. Virginia transportā€™s driver Luke seems to revel in the open road experience and living in his cab doing his own cooking and generally being Virginiaā€™s unpaid PR Department & Iā€™m not knocking him for that each to their own as they say.
One thing that has been brought to my attention though is this company are advertising for drivers on an auction site in Ireland, called donedeal.ie which is like the Irish equivalent to Ebay!
Please donā€™t tell me the ā– ā– ā– ā–  job goes to the lowest bidder.

They didnā€™t even reply to my email so ā– ā– ā– ā–  em :slight_smile:
They look like a good outfit though.

FarnboroughBoy11:
They didnā€™t even reply to my email so [zb] em :slight_smile:

You sent them an e-mail and your suprised they didnt get back :confused:

I have applied for a job hereā€¦i have all the relevant experiance they are wanting etcā€¦the only thing that might put a spanner in the works is my location (north east)ā€¦shouldnt really be a problem as i am not bothered about getting home every weekendā€¦we will have to wait and see what happens.

Saaamon:

FarnboroughBoy11:

No Iā€™m not surprised. I sent them an email because it said so on their website.

FarnboroughBoy11:

Saaamon:

FarnboroughBoy11:

No Iā€™m not surprised. I sent them an email because it said so on their website.

Rightly so, this is 2012 after all!

Iā€™ve always called for a job or spoken to the guy in charge directly, its impossible to promote yourself properly by sending an e-mail. It may of said send an e-mail but iā€™d of still phoned anyway.

If I was after a job with a specific firm then I would get in touch by all means available. Start with the requested email with cv attatched then follow up with the same by snail mail the same day. A couple of days later give them a call to ask if they have recieved them and that you look forward to hearing from them.