Virgin

I am surprised that the Virgin group of Companies have not embarked on Road Haulage, Branson seems to have a good eye for business, and I reckon could poss razz all over Stobarts, plus he already has access to rail and planes…

Curious, maybe just not enough money in it…

give him time…
to be fair coddy,i think thats a good point,i wonder why he hasnt?
i wonder if its cos branson thinks that there is no profit/future/light at the end of the tunnel.

youve answered it already I.E. he has a good sense for business… :laughing:

echo the 2 points above…

he proberley has looked at it a laughed and nearly choked on his cornflakes at that stupid thought.

also 2 many key players already involved.

be nice if he tried a chain of truckstops instead.

same problem JD, no profit in them mate :frowning:

More likely you are right, not enough profit… :unamused: .

Just surprised he did not do a few years ago, before Stobarts got as big as it is now, Im sure Virgin used to have trucks on airfreight out of Heathrow, unless that was some sort of subby like Saints… :question:

Coddy:
I am surprised that the Virgin group of Companies have not embarked on Road Haulage, Branson seems to have a good eye for business

You can stop right there!

If you look back over the last 35 years or so at the big names in road haulage, we’ve seen them all come and go. The bigger they are, the further they fall.
Who will be the big players in 10 years time?

jessicas dad:

Yeah but the bays would be really tight to get into :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

everywhere i drive i see about 6 stobart lorries

miketdt:
If you look back over the last 35 years or so at the big names in road haulage, we’ve seen them all come and go. The bigger they are, the further they fall.

indeed…

stobarts not not invincible

BigJon:

jessicas dad:

Yeah but the bays would be really tight to get into :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

HAHAHAHAHAHA High 5 :sunglasses:

miketdt:

Stobarts/Wincanton/DHL

tofer:

miketdt:

Stobarts/Wincanton/DHL

no this is a very dynamic industry

Coddy:
I am surprised that the Virgin group of Companies have not embarked on Road Haulage, Branson seems to have a good eye for business, and I reckon could poss razz all over Stobarts, plus he already has access to rail and planes…

Curious, maybe just not enough money in it…

Yeah, but was he not big on this “Government Think Tank” stuff a few years ago, about ridding the movement of freight from our roads on to the rail network?

I’d be amazed anyway, if any monthly wage from Branson Haulage Ltd, would be enough to pay my ever increasing monthly payment to Virgin Media! :imp:

When I look at him in that royal box at Wimbeldon, I realise how much I’ve grown to loathe the man.

tofer wrote:

miketdt wrote:If you look back over the last 35 years or so at the big names in road haulage, we’ve seen them all come and go. The bigger they are, the further they fall.

Stobarts/Wincanton/DHL

no this is a very dynamic industry

Try ND and the likes of Willie Betz, you won’t go far wrong.

wirralpete:
youve answered it already I.E. he has a good sense for business… :laughing:

:exclamation:

dont think much of his tv its always breaking down

Would you want to drive a truck with virgin written all over it?

Bad enough driving trucks with STD written on them!

Koop:
Would you want to drive a truck with virgin written all over it?

Bad enough driving trucks with STD written on them!

Can you remember the DUREX liveried trucks a few years ago… embarrasing esp if yer name was Johnny…