vinyl wrap

this is coming up to about 5 years now is i find the older lorries are starting to look crap, i saw one lorry the other day where the wrap had come of and took the paint underneath of with it back to metal :open_mouth: it had obviously been done a while but no one had made any effort to rectify this and just left it to carry on peeling.

lorries that have had bumps and panels repaired but no new wrap on so it just looks odd, and i dont think it stands the test of time.

bring back paint.

Brand new trucks with brand new wraps on, i think, look very smart. There was a Malcolm of Brookfield truck on the MAN stand at the CV show this year and it looked class.
But i do agree with you about odd panels that dont get re wrapped after its damaged.
I suppose there must be some cost and time saving involved when using the wraps compared to normal methods. Also with it being computerized (is that a word) everyone single one should be identical and perfect.

Grasshopper:
Brand new trucks with brand new wraps on, i think, look very smart. There was a Malcolm of Brookfield truck on the MAN stand at the CV show this year and it looked class.
But i do agree with you about odd panels that dont get re wrapped after its damaged.
I suppose there must be some cost and time saving involved when using the wraps compared to normal methods. Also with it being computerized (is that a word) everyone single one should be identical and perfect.

Apart from the lack of traditional skills of coach painter and sign-writer we are losing, we will also lose the history of the photo album. I imagine bubbleman will be redundant in 20 years time, just reams and reams of plain white lorries with no distinguishing marks apart from dents and coloured bumpers