Vinyl wrap cost and quality

Might need to have a tractor unit wrapped to change the colour, it will be on a lease deal so should be returned as sold, so the dealer has recommended wrapping it.

I know the quality and technology of the vinyl wraps have come on leaps and bounds, but can you get a truck wrapped where they can do the shuts etc aswell, like a good paint job?

And what sort of price would it be?

On the up side I think it be a chance get some really up to date graphics and make it look quite eye catching.

Won’t you still be able to read the ghost writing from the graphics when it is all removed or have things improved ? I can see a large financial penalty coming up from the leasing company if this does happen when the vehicle is returned.

save yer dosh am hearing the price of fuel is going up 5p a litre next week :cry:

cav551:
Won’t you still be able to read the ghost writing from the graphics when it is all removed or have things improved ? I can see a large financial penalty coming up from the leasing company if this does happen when the vehicle is returned.

Not if it’s totally wrapped.

weewulliewinkie:
save yer dosh am hearing the price of fuel is going up 5p a litre next week :cry:

I suppose it was bound to go up sooner rather than later, but we’re not in the haulage game, so fuel costs aren’t such a major part of our costs.

Also the devaluation of the pound and increasing fuel prices is making this truck far more attractive against our present truck.

Our fleet is wrapped up to about 6 inches below the bottom of the drivers window. When they go back, and the garage de-wraps them, you can’t see that it’d ever been there,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they wouldn’t be able to do all the shuts I’d imagine. I’m assuming the motor isn’t white to start with?

PaulNowak:
And they wouldn’t be able to do all the shuts I’d imagine. I’m assuming the motor isn’t white to start with?

No the motor isn’t white, I’ve and similar with trucks in the past and they been sprayed so well you’d struggle to tell they didn’t come out of the factory in that colour.

As the residuals for white are better and it’s a 4x2 so not as easy for them to sell as 6x2, I might see if we can put getting it sprayed white into the deal.

what does it cost to get a cab done just plain white

Full cab wrap in a single base colour, to include simple logo and writing/phone numbers etc, I was estimated at between £1500-£2000.

A simple logo/signwriting job in vinyl would be about £500-£800.

el_presidente:
Full cab wrap in a single base colour, to include simple logo and writing/phone numbers etc, I was estimated at between £1500-£2000.

Thanks gives me a figure to work with.

mmmm,I suppose there is a lot of work there.

fuse:
mmmm,I suppose there is a lot of work there.

I was talking to a lad who worked for a vinyl wrapping company, he said some of the prep for wrapping is similar to prep for spraying, such as removing trim and fittings.but at the time I wasn’t thinking about having a cab wrapped, so I didn’t ask him what it costs.

I do think it will be better than paint ,I did think it would have been 12 to 15 hundred but I had no idea.

muckles:
Might need to have a tractor unit wrapped to change the colour, it will be on a lease deal so should be returned as sold, so the dealer has recommended wrapping it.

I know the quality and technology of the vinyl wraps have come on leaps and bounds, but can you get a truck wrapped where they can do the shuts etc aswell, like a good paint job?

And what sort of price would it be?

On the up side I think it be a chance get some really up to date graphics and make it look quite eye catching.

We wrap our vehicles & they look great I must say but the downside is they cost around £2000 & you cant take them through a truck wash as this will either rip the wrap off or make the wrap bubble then it look crap