Vintage truck events

I came across this forum a few weeks ago and it has really fired up my nostalgia big time. I think it is a great forum with contributions from many people with encyclopedic knowledge of trucks.

Now that my fond memories of vintage trucks has been well and truly regenerated, I want to attend vintage truck/bus events that are scheduled to take place in 2016.

Can anyone suggest any worthwhile vents that I might attend? Please bear in mind that I live in London so anything within 150 or so miles would be ideal.

Many thanks.

Take a look through these,it may help you.Dont be put off by the steam events there is always a good turnout of vintage lorries at these events.

BRS Gathering at the Lincoln Farm Cafe,Kenilworth Road,Solihull, B92 OLS on Sunday 17th July, Gaydon has a good turn out but I do not know any dates for this year, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:
BRS Gathering at the Lincoln Farm Cafe,Kenilworth Road,Solihull, B92 OLS on Sunday 17th July, Gaydon has a good turn out but I do not know any dates for this year, Cheer’s Pete

Gaydon dates are given in the REVS box above :wink: Robert

robert1952:

pete smith:

Gaydon dates are given in the REVS box above :wink: Robert

June 11th & 12th. Plus Steel Boys Sept 11th & 12th

pete smith:

How many wagons get to the BRS Gathering Pete ?
Cheers Dave.

The AEC Society usually hold their annual event at Newark in May

svbm.online/

Dunfermline Scotland m8

I know you said 150 miles would be ideal but if you are ever up this way give it a visit :wink:

Dave the Renegade:

pete smith:

Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, 30+ attended at the last gathering,Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

Dave the Renegade:

pete smith:

Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, 30+ attended at the last gathering,Cheer’s Pete

Also, its a free to attend event. Truckstop open with no rip-off prices. A must if you are interested in BRS.

Hi, Tomdhu,
Gaydon’s probably handier for you but SPEECH HOUSE VINTAGE SHOW is on Sunday, 11th September this year if you fancy a trip to the Forest of Dean.

Not a lover of gaydon went about 10 years ago Great motors but found it very clicky apart from steel boys who were not as big then…never been since …but I do like the motorbikes and steamers at steam rallies.each to their own I suppose …Astle park steam rally my annual holiday. .

I sincerely hope you’ve ordered the correct weather this time, Atkiman.

not done too bad there for weather last few years rof …will probably lash down now!!

atkiman:
Not a lover of gaydon went about 10 years ago Great motors but found it very clicky apart from steel boys who were not as big then…never been since …but I do like the motorbikes and steamers at steam rallies.each to their own I suppose …Astle park steam rally my annual holiday. .

the Banbury Run,held at Gaydon,is a fantastic event if you’re into old bikes,atkiman :slight_smile:

Yeah went once many years ago really is a good rally just a bit too far from us . normally stay with it 40 mile radius for fuel cost reasons! !!!

If you go to any events at Gaydon this year you will find a lot of changes. The museum (now called The British Motor Museum) has been completely revamped and altered around. There is a new building where all the cars not on display in the main museum, what is known as ‘the reserve collection’, will be available to be viewed (about 250 I think). That is plus all the extra tarmaced area that was created last summer. The museum has been closed over the winter whilst the work took place and will reopen in February.