Viking 2, Waitrose RDC's 0

Friday 22/11/13

Got to Waitrose, Brinklow at 07.40 for a 09.00 booking, sent me away, too early. No problem, I had another drop in Bletchley, so I shot off to deliver 10 pallets & got back to Waitrose at 08.50, only to be told to park on the hard standing. I gently reminded Mr Security that I was booked for 09.00 !!!

Parked up & scooted off to the office & got told “Gonna be at least an hour before you get on a bay” I politely reminded him that I was booked for 09.00 & said that I would sit in the cab for half an hour & ring my office for Instructions. They rang me back & told me to Pull Out if I’m not on a bay by 09.30.

09.30 came, I popped back to the office & asked them if I was going on to a bay, if not, I was to pull out, he made a frantic call to the bays-no joy, so he called his manager who didn’t seem too happy but Hey Ho-we kept our side of the contract (being on site for 09.00) they broke theirs by not unloading me !

Finally pulled out at 09.40 with 7 pallets of Lenor Fabric Conditioner & Flash Floor Cleaner. So if Waitrose run out, it’s all Vikings Fault. LOL.

That’s the second time I’ve been pulled out of Waitrose. Small victories I know, but they all add up.

& just to finish my Lucky Day, I’ve just tipped in Tesco Fenny Lock, half an hour Before my Booking time of 17.00. RESULT !

Think I might buy a lottery ticket tonight !

Good to hear. Maybe the days of big RDCs using us as free storage space are coming to an end.

Rhythm Thief:
Good to hear. Maybe the days of big RDCs using us as free storage space are coming to an end.

Not if you tip at Burton’s Biscuits/DHL Liverpool. I was in there 6 hours last week!! :frowning:

Was in Ocado Tamworth other day
Was in and out in 20 mins for a few pallets, staff polite and talkative.

Shame I don’t experience places such as this more often.

Ocado in Hatfield is good as a gold. Once I had to wait 20 mins to get onto bay, any other time straight in and out. On the other side is Waitrose in Bracknell. I had 4 pallets for them and it took me over 3 hours to tip…

A lot of our work is through Palletline & we get a daily delivery into Waitrose, Tesco/Fenny, Amazon, John Lewis, Morrisons & Sainsburys (Northampton) our office are getting ■■■■■■ off with most of these ‘Inefficient RDC’s’ & with Tesco’s & Waitrose in particular. So when we get a booking time & we honour it, they’ve started giving them about half an hour past the booked time, then pulling us out after consulting with our customer/palletline.

I just wish that all companies started doing this, then the RDC’s would soon get their act together or the supermarkets would soon be asking questions about the lack of stock on the shelves due to too many failed deliveries.

I know I’m going to get all the comments about “It’s all been tried before, but the supermarkets are just too big” but K & N management didn’t seem too happy about me pulling out after 30-40 minutes, lets hope that their Client/Waitrose will start getting the message if their shelves are empty ! :smiling_imp: Or they might even ban us, either way- Happy Days if we don’t have to wait in their Poxy Drivers waiting rooms for 6 or 7 hours !!