Vignette/ maut question

Going down to southern germany (about 3/4 hr other side of strasbourg), via lux, do i need vignette for lux? and can i get maut before strasbourg??

yes to both questions you can get the maut at the boarder but you wont get tax in lux except at the customs building which is sign posted off the motorway but with the 3.5t transit sign (no longer @ lux airport) but you will need it for belg as well

Thanks for that, first time ive done germany since the maut was in, It was ok years ago when you paid by the day!! Is the maut easy to do!!!

if your going out dover you can get the vignette at ashford truck stop and a few places at calais , as for the maut its not too bad to use . ideally you need the name of the motorway exit you gonna take as the maut works on exit names rather than junction numbers but when you book it you can zoom in on a map on screen to help you , its pretty straightforward mate also if you nip into the euro drivers info point at the top there is a good link for the toll collect that will help you out too

if you are coming down past strasbourg stay on free motorway to mulhouse then towards germany at border can get toll collect if not every motorway services has machine and nearly every autohoff too. I’ve been told that shell garages off motorways have them but not too sure
really easy to use just put your truck details in in english then entry of motorway network and exit

Go to the EURO-STICKY,s and read the information that is there it will help you out no end, also when you are down that way be carefull the nice german police from the motorway , use civilan car,s mobile-caravans
to check Lorrys, and Coaches out, also they very hot about keeeping the distance when traverling , the fines have risen and so have the amount of points they give as well, Have a good and trouble free trip,