Vignette, Hook of Holland

I’m shipping Harwich- Hook of Holland on Monday, not one of my usual routes although I have done it in the dim and distant…

So where can I get a vignette, and are there any tips, hints etc about this crossing?

You can get it when you book in at Harwich, tho think its cards only, or shell tank station on way out of hook ( one before you get on m,way) off out so bit brief, tho if you want to know more can reply later
Sdj

Cheers Biggles, I’ll get it when I book on then.

Have a good night out, I’ll be popping out for a beer or six later!

There’s a Shell at the Maasdijk exit.

It’s a rather small place though.
Yer best bet is to carry on, turn south through the Benelux Tunnel, then East towards Nijmegan on the A15. A junction or two along that way is a bigger, proper motorway service Shell station. You can get your vignette there. If you fill up there, you’ll get a free coffee/tea as well. :slight_smile:

Simon:

Yer best bet is to carry on, turn south through the Benelux Tunnel, then East towards Nijmegan on the A15. A junction or two along that way is a bigger, proper motorway service Shell station. You can get your vignette there. If you fill up there, you’ll get a free coffee/tea as well. :slight_smile:

just out of interest what if the police stopped you between the boat and that garage would you have a leg to stand on?

Are you on the 23.45 sailing? may be on it have to see if dhl are keeping me in UK this week, will be down there tonight to pick my trailer up for start of week anyway
Steve

Yea, will be on the night crossing. Hoping they don’t keep me sat on the dockside til 2330…

watch the weighbridge barrier at Harwich harry, it’s got a mind of it’s own. Dented roof remember!!! :blush:

lulu123:
watch the weighbridge barrier at Harwich harry, it’s got a mind of it’s own. Dented roof remember!!! :blush:

Yea, but then there’s drivers and then there’s steering wheel attendants! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You working next week?

welshboyinspain:

Simon:

just out of interest what if the police stopped you between the boat and that garage would you have a leg to stand on?

Technically you’ll have committed an offence by not having a Vignette.
In real life, the Dutch Police are fairly laid back so would be very unlikely to stop you merely for not having a vignette on this route.
This is because it’s possible for you to get a vignette on a reasonable route from where you are.
If however you are almost through Holland and heading for a border, you are quite likely to be stopped.

The fine is pretty steep.

As a footnote, I’m back- I’m in Glastonbury tonight.

I got a vignette on the way out, but not on the way back, despite trying at three or four garages near the German/Dutch border. There’s only so much effort I’m prepared to go to before I decide “Sod it, I’ll knock them, I’ve got a boat to catch”.

Did you have a look at the Euro Drivers Info Point ?
In there is a link to the Vignette site, which shows all the places you can get a vignette.
There’s even quite a few in Belgium now :open_mouth: .

If you know when you’ll be returning, you can buy it in advance, or if it’s likely to be worth while, they’ll do you a vignette for as many days as you like. It’s cheaper to buy a months vignette than it is to buy them individually for a month.

was it working in harwich ok then harry as last time i went out that way it was broken and it took me ages to find somewhere which sold it

Yep, was working in Harwich.