Views on tom tom 7000 truck sat nav

hi all i just ordered one of amazon last night abd wondered what people who use them think of them as i was initially looking at the snooper s7000 but saw one and found it to big and bloody exspensive i paid £135

Whats happens when you drop it and the screen breaks? Go home time?

Saaamon:

The same thing you do when you spill your tea on your map book- you use another method! Simples :wink:

Let us know how good it is. I asked recently if someone could recommend a good truck nav and was told to “use a map FFS” :-/
Personally I, like you and a lot of other truckers use a map a satnav and amazingly my eyes as well…
I’m quite happy to use all the help I can get tbh. :slight_smile:)

I had one of those tom-tom truck brand new and cost £400. I had it 1 day and sent it back it was crap and over priced and you can’t put any poi’s on it. Tap poi for truckstop and it brings up Volvo garages for repairs.

Saaamon:

use my other sat nav

cbarnes:
hi all i just ordered one of amazon last night abd wondered what people who use them think of them as i was initially looking at the snooper s7000 but saw one and found it to big and bloody exspensive i paid £135

i use a standard tomtom with truck maps on it and outside of london, its great, but i wonldnt trust it much round any city center.
i would also put down 100 quid that yours will be a standard tomtom with truck maps added to it, so dont be trying to get it updated from tomtom home cos it will give an update for the standard tomtom and the truck map wont work afterwards.

Tomtom 7000 truck in 2 words ■■■■ hot

Never done me wrong and i deliver all over northern europe, France ,Belguim, Holland, Germany, and Lux.
I have had it for 18 months cost me £379
and has saved me ££££££££££££££

I still take all my maps but 9 time out of 10 its tomtom all the way

I love it because all the p.o.i you can download on it.
Autohoffs, shell, as24, centre routiers , german toll collect , and lots more

so i give it 9 1/2 out of 10 (theres allways room for improvement)

regards cv

thanks to all those who actually posted useful help lol not the idiotic answers i asked a simple question didnt need a load of stupid answers

cv68:
Tomtom 7000 truck in 2 words [zb] hot

Never done me wrong and i deliver all over northern europe, France ,Belguim, Holland, Germany, and Lux.
I have had it for 18 months cost me £379
and has saved me ££££££££££££££

I still take all my maps but 9 time out of 10 its tomtom all the way

I love it because all the p.o.i you can download on it.
Autohoffs, shell, as24, centre routiers , german toll collect , and lots more

so i give it 9 1/2 out of 10 (theres allways room for improvement)

regards cv

you sure you can download all that cos when i had one you couldnt even download uk truckstops.

yes j.d you can download from the tomtom in your account its so easy to do. It has most things for trucks even bridge heights and all the downloads are free. They even have p.o.i for unsafe streets for hgvs

hope this helps

regards cv