Video of Crane Collapse at SCT

youtube.com/watch?v=HAq-uhXmEi8 :open_mouth:

Check out the comments.PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Apparently the ELF & SAFETY (christ no not again “Coffeholic”) have been down to Southampton and condemned ANOTHER crane so they have 2 out of action hopefully no one was killed or injured in the accident or as “Coffeholic” sez " it is natures way keeping down the population :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

NEJ:
Apparently the ELF & SAFETY (christ no not again “Coffeholic”) have been down to Southampton and condemned ANOTHER crane so they have 2 out of action hopefully no one was killed or injured in the accident or as “Coffeholic” sez " it is natures way keeping down the population :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

No -one was killed as it was stand down time.Apparently(dont shoot the messenger)but the crane driver has been sacked :open_mouth: because he got out and was having a ■■■ and cleaning the windows of the cab.So apparently the other Cranies/Dockers are on strike.(they were working yesterday and this morning)
Apparently he was in the wrong position :open_mouth:
Looks like the right position to me as the cab did’nt go down with the Boom.

Probably got the pedal on “Elf & Safety” regs as you ain,t supposed to clean the windows AND ave a ■■■ both at the same time you must do one first then the other :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Trying to get a docker to do ONE job is hard enough let alone two jobs :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Seriously though why has he / she been given the boot as it clearly looks like the crane gantry broke in two and could it have been due to lack of maintenance on the crane :question: :question: :question:

as you say dont shoot the messenger,but if he was OUT the cab having a ■■■,how come it moving at a hell of a speed to the safe? end of the crane and the boom swings wildly as a result of him racing away from collapse end?

how lucky that someone was filming at just the right time :open_mouth:

or did someone know this was going to happen.

BIG MAC:
how lucky that someone was filming at just the right time :open_mouth:

The footage is from a fixed position so it will be a security/CCTV camera. If it had been a person shooting that, the camera would have been all over the place as the incident happened because the person would have reacted and moved.

scary stuff but the vid of the crash in h+w belfast is much better/worse :confused:

Saw that one in Belfast of Youtube, i take he the driver of the crane didnt have enough room to spin round. I was amazed how easy it looked for the crane in Belfast to go over.

anyone fancy being a crane driver :laughing:

JoeG:
Saw that one in Belfast of Youtube, i take he the driver of the crane didnt have enough room to spin round. I was amazed how easy it looked for the crane in Belfast to go over.

Well yes but it was hit by a crane with a lifting capacity of 1,600 tonnes! I imagine even the most sturdy structure would topple over!

the commentry on the h and w one on u-tube is quite funny too. :slight_smile:

bikemonkey:
Leaning forward in your seat whilst overtaking DOES’NT make you go any faster

Haha i near fell over laughing when i read your sig, im the devil for doing that i dont know why!!! pmsl :laughing: