[video] Driving home!

I posted this in my other thread but as most people will have read it and some won’t go back in it, i thought i’d start a fresh thread for this video and hopefully give those that inspiration to keep on trying because it does come when you least expect it. If you had told me at 12pm that day that come 11pm that night I’d have driven an artic to Heskin and was on a bay I’d of laughed at you.

:unamused:

Holding a mobile phone and driving with one hand on steering wheel?? :astonished: :blush:

metrorider:
Holding a mobile phone and driving with one hand on steering wheel?? :astonished: :blush:

You never read the video description then.

me no understandy. It’s a video of you pointing a truck in a straight line?

Sorry mate but am i missing something■■? mostly all i can see is some very dodgy camwork of a scanny stearing wheel. apart from the obvious, using a phone whislt driving etc im not really sure what im looking for■■?

Madguy :smiling_imp:

madguy:
Sorry mate but am i missing something■■? mostly all i can see is some very dodgy camwork of a scanny stearing wheel. apart from the obvious, using a phone whislt driving etc im not really sure what im looking for■■?

I wasn’t using my phone whilst driving - I even said in the description that I wasn’t holding my phone and you could see my hands on the steering wheel. It’s just a camera that way in my jacket pocket and I recorded a little part to remind me of my first run… just excited/chuffed that’s all :unamused: sheesh.

no different to a picture being posted of a truck.

Sam
If filming your driving is your thing,set your camera up on a bracket before you start driving. You say that you filmed this with a phone in your pocket. Did you start recording it before you started driving and stopped when you finished driving?
It looks to me that you are not holding the steering wheel correctly. And you must have a very flexable body to look to the left and to the right like that
Well done on getting the drive again, but ask your self. Would you show that film to the transport manager? And if so would he give be impresed enough to give you another drive based on the video?
It is very easy to be distracted driving a car often with fatal consequences. Much worse in a truck.
For your and other road users please drive safely.
Mike

Sam.

Right i get it now, and thats fine, nothing wrong with being excited and chuffed just wasnt explained very well and the vid was a bit iffy.

if you have a small cam why not get a tiny tripod thing and set it up behind you or on the dash and video from there or on the iphone use a sceen mount and video from there, you would get some really good footage as well. i use a roadhawk and most nights watch back some of the stuff that i caught and some of its amazing.

I wasnt trying to knock your original post i just didnt get it, sorry.

Guys, forget it. I should’ve have posted it lmao. :unamused:

I feel strongly about using phones whilst driving, i’m not stupid :unamused: I set the phone in my pocket whilst i left and it run out along the way as it would. I have proper filming equipment and most of you would have seen I just never had time to lift it with me.

I’m holding the wheel where I feel comfortable holding it, don’t try and tell me you keep your hands 10-2 for your complete shift.

It is very easy to be distracted driving a car often with fatal consequences. Much worse in a truck.
For your and other road users please drive safely.

I find this quite offense really, do you think I’m stupid? Do you really think my brain can’t compute the difference in weight and force a lorry would hit something, especially through driver negligence? Come on think of how insulting that is.

This is my usual setup - youtube.com/watch?v=bcBqYXXJI24. There’s a camera mount on the windscreen (the one with the long arm) and the one to the right is a phone holder. The thing in sunvisor is a bluetooth kit for my phone and my satnav also handsfree built in.

Hope all confusion is now cleared up :slight_smile:

Sam there is nothing offensive in what I have posted. You state that you are doing nothing wrong. I will beleive you.
However there are lots of idiots out on the roads. witness how close many people drive to the one in front. With no chance of stopping. They may be on their phone. Half asleep, pouring a drink from a flask, reading paperwork sending a text updating facebook. a tweet etc And I bet many of there drivers have many years of experence. And lots of luck
I am not insulting you just reminding people to take care

RedlorryMan:
Sam there is nothing offensive in what I have posted. You state that you are doing nothing wrong. I will beleive you.
However there are lots of idiots out on the roads. witness how close many people drive to the one in front. With no chance of stopping. They may be on their phone. Half asleep, pouring a drink from a flask, reading paperwork sending a text updating facebook. a tweet etc And I bet many of there drivers have many years of experence. And lots of luck
I am not insulting you just reminding people to take care

I appreciate it but I don’t need reminding. On my way down it scared me to see how early I was being flashed in and how close it would have meant the other drive would have been following me in VERY thick fog…

It’s craziness, I indicate back in when I feel it’s safe enough but thank them for the flash anyway.

Should Sam Millar be;
A) Hung
B) Drawn
C) Quarted?
D) Rewarded

I think people should pay more attention to the video, you see both hands on the wheel in part of the video so unless he’s somehow managed to grow a third arm I very much doubt he was using a phone. And also in the video you see that his high viz vest gets in the way of the camera so i thought that would be pretty obvious to the viewers.

Wouldn’t worry too much sam, if they aren’t moaning they’re never happy.

jonnytruckfest:
I think people should pay more attention to the video, you see both hands on the wheel in part of the video so unless he’s somehow managed to grow a third arm I very much doubt he was using a phone. And also in the video you see that his high viz vest gets in the way of the camera so i thought that would be pretty obvious to the viewers.

Might be questioned on why I was wearing a hivis while driving next :open_mouth: :laughing:

Sam. Have a good weekend.

Definitely-
A) Hung!

Sam Millar:

jonnytruckfest:

Might be questioned on why I was wearing a hivis while driving next :open_mouth: :laughing:

You were only thinking of the children making yourself aware to other people :stuck_out_tongue:

hung.

Firstly, get the high vis off when driving, makes a driver look like a fanny and it causes glare.

But secondly, there is nout wrong with taking a video, christ I sit and talk to myself over the PA on the coach trying to come up with new jokes.

Which by the way my latest is ‘For godsake, if you see the person sitting next to you smoking a fake cigarette, keep your mouth shut’

I don’t care what you say im cool and thats that.