Video blogs

I still class myself as a newbie so not an educator but I have been following video blogs from many different subjects not just trucks including Luke on here’s blog and I love them,
I have been toying with the idea myself as I have all the equipment etc but wanted to ask a few questions.

It’s mainly an idea to keep myself occupied and have something / someone to talk too. I have my road hawk cam,iPad, iPhone, and a flip camera which is more then enough coverage, and my mac at home to edit it all.

Thing is I need to know what I would record, as I said I’m not an educator but I also know there are people out there who would watch paint dry or count the stobart trucks I overtake. I need to be very carefull not to record certain things security wise as the boss / clients might not be too happy etc so what would you guys want to see from a blog.
I would try and cover work in both my full time job at KB and all the agency stuff I do.

What could I do to actually make it interesting? Good idea bad idea?

All pinions welcome

Hi mate.
Ive thought of the idea too. Its a good bordem killer and you’ll also be educating others that are thinking of heading down the haulage route.

You could do a video of how to shift with a range change / splitter. How to use a tachograph, be it chart or card.

Maybe how to secure a load using straps. How to open/close curtains.

Hopenthis gives you some ideas. Think what you would find usefullmor interesting, chances are someone will watch and like them. If you do make any, ill watch’em!

Ben

That’s what I was hoping, and I just wanted to check it wasn’t me as I HAVE watched someone painting for over 20minutes

I thought bout doing this starting from my very first day to cover what situations I come across as I come across them. Ill decide nearer the time! Id watch your vlogs mate lol

mikey t brillant idea think it would be great! bigfoot just hit nail on head, and all the things bigfoot said i need help on :slight_smile:

Kind of already started it all myself, got another £239 worth of equipment arriving in the next week.

youtube.com/user/TruckingDiaries

Sam

You seem to overtake a lot of lorries apart from the one at the end that got you :smiley:

Great video

Wannabeheretolearn:
Sam

You seem to overtake a lot of lorries apart from the one at the end that got you :smiley:

Great video

I think you may have been looking at the wrong video as none of mine so far have any overtaking in it I don’t think (me thinks you accidentally clicked on a video that I favorited). My videos can be found here:

youtube.com/user/TruckingDiaries/videos

nice vids sam, keep up good work :wink:

il get it done then as and when I’m out, eventually when i have a bit more money i am going to invest in some go-pro external cameras aswell. cockpit cameras never show you just how tight that turn or that reverse is. and go pro equipment is always good, used to use them a lot years ago when i raced downhill mountain bike

mikey-t:
il get it done then as and when I’m out, eventually when i have a bit more money i am going to invest in some go-pro external cameras aswell. cockpit cameras never show you just how tight that turn or that reverse is. and go pro equipment is always good, used to use them a lot years ago when i raced downhill mountain bike

I just ordered the new GoPro HD HERO2 with a head mount and various other mounts so will let you know how it is.