Victoria derbyshire show today

did anyone else hear the wifes/girlfriends of the dead soldiers talking about how the loss of their loved ones had affected them. i’ve got to say i nearly pulled over on the hard shoulder cos the tears was streaming down my face. its such a pity its all in vain nobody as ever conquered afganistan

its a waste of time mr b we shouldnt ne in there, let em fight it out them selfs why should our lads have to go?? total waste

Mr B:
‘…nobody as ever conquered afganistan…’

So when Dr John Reid (Labour Cabinet member) said in approx 2003 that the Allies should be able to wrest control of the place from the Taliban without a single shot being fired was wrong?

Quell surprise that we got bulled to …and what is the EU doing about it?

Perhaps im naive,happy keith but what the f…k has it got to do with the EU?? It was that prat Bush and his puppet Blair who got us into this unholy mess NOTan EU directive.we should pull out now,nuke the ■■■■■■■■ and all the lying scumbags there. Nothing worth saving there.

Yes and after that we had the discusting spectacle of the MPs still going on about their expences, then to make it worse after MPs questions had finished the report about the nimrod crash was read out, most of the low lifers left the house.They are discusting wood lice

soldiers are trained to fight. they want to fight. they expect death, they prepare themselves for death.
we need wars to keep our soldiers up to speed. think about it. everyone had to do northern ireland. when that finished, wasn’t it funny how our goverment found another place for us to go. the only strange thing is that we have iraq and afghanistan running at the same time. someone cocked up with their timing on those.
one day, iraq and afghanistan will be over. there will be another war to fight somewhere. the lads in the armed forces will be as keen to go as every other soldier has been for the past 2000 years.
they should prepare their family for death. it’s a job. simple. there is no reason to get on the radio moaning about someones death. it is sad, but FFS, he was a soldier. dead happens. the family move on.
i just don’t get this crying thing.
the most annoying thing, is the lack of financial help for a soldiers family. coppers families get a large chunk of money when a copper dies. now that is sad.

j.gooch:
‘…Perhaps im naive,happy keith but what the [zb] has it got to do with the EU?..’

Perhaps my irony wasn’t too obvious but either we’re all in it together with common (ie, Common Market) ambition - on equal terms & with equal values, etc, etc, or we’re not.

1. If we’re not, then why haven’t we formalised it democratically?
  2. If we are, then where are the rest of the Euro squaddies out in Aghan-land?

j.gooch:
'…It was that prat Bush and his puppet Blair who got us into this unholy mess NOTan EU directive…

If we’re so well in bed with the USA rather than Europe - why do we give Brussels/Strasbourg £40m/day?

Why do we evidently have two masters - perhaps because we’re poxily lead?