Veteran drivers who can't reverse

robroy:
Still a few new driver/ good lads about btw, they aint all bad, even if they haven’t got as much to learn nowadays as you say.

I’m new - Can I run my curling tongs off the 24v supply? :open_mouth:

Give the best of them here a 30 foot with rear steering wheels and I guarantee they will ■■■■ it up big time, good days bad days, in and out, up and down, all in a days work

Dosen’t matter how long you been driving we all ■■■■ up for god sake,you pups should remember we had to get into places that would have you in a breakdown,ffs

nightline:
Give the best of them here a 30 foot with rear steering wheels and I guarantee they will [zb] it up big time, good days bad days, in and out, up and down, all in a days work

Try a 20’ skelly ,you’ll chase it all day long :laughing:

Well if you read the post most of them are brill, but as soon as you put it to them with the likes of a 30 or 20 foot with a rear steer they all go into a wispier , you are only as good as your last reverse.

comet:

nightline:
Give the best of them here a 30 foot with rear steering wheels and I guarantee they will [zb] it up big time, good days bad days, in and out, up and down, all in a days work

You sound like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest going off the above

Er. isn’t that why you’re meant to collapse them down once lined up? I always did. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Hate to teach momma to ■■■■ eggs and all :unamused:

nightline:
Well if you read the post most of them are brill, but as soon as you put it to them with the likes of a 30 or 20 foot with a rear steer they all go into a wispier , you are only as good as your last reverse.

Right you have got me there mate, no experience at all with rear steers. If the rear is actually steering I would have thought that as long as you took into account the amount of lock needed in comparison to a standard trailer, it would be actually easier, but hey what do I know, never used one.

I have had the dubious pleasure of a 20ft single axle Woolworths box trailer with the axle right on the arse end,… now that WAS fun, especially on a blind sider, and especially at 22 with little artic experience. :laughing:

nightline:

What’s a wispier ?

I find when I have to do a super tight reverse and no one’s there I will nail it in one however if there’s people standing round watching I’d end up needing a shunt to back on to a football field.

Also most of my driving has been on tippers landfill bulkers etc and when I done a bit of general haulage it tool me a while to get used of backing on to a bay and having both sides touching the dock even though it looked straight from the cab

I’ve been driving 7 years class 1/2 UK and Europe And you do get your fair share of crp drivers in every nationality BUT the worst kind of drivers are those who don’t take time and effort getting into tight gaps regardless of where you come from …

I’d rather be laughed at for taking 10 mins than be laughed at for driving into a building truck etc …

robroy:
Cheers mate, seasoned yeh, done Europe yeh, but hey… leave the old out eh :laughing:
If you’ve done desert roads I’d bet I’m just a mere lad compared to you, :laughing: …but hey, respect anyway. :smiley:

Still a few new driver/ good lads about btw, they aint all bad, even if they haven’t got as much to learn nowadays as you say.

Pmsl, I love drivers like you. I will be sat minding my own business in an RDC or Truckstop and you come mooching over, sit down and then start talking about your Scania outside. This quickly turns to the ever famous phrase " When I were on t’ continent". Rofpmsl The closest you have been to the continent is when you sat next to your Incontinent Grandma ffs.

As regards Poles based in the UK being ■■■■ drivers, I certainly concur that, on the whole, they in fact are! Agreed you may know a ■■■■■ or two who works with a friend of your sister and they are alright blokes but out here in the real world where I visit many different companies every week and witness said drivers and driving very badly, its hard to argue any different.

You can’t comment really when you only work for one employer and only come into contact with the odd flipflop but here you are as per usual offering your Mr perfect and helpful third hand opinions. Sad really.

Don’t suppose you wear rigger boots and a baseball cap do you?

Nothing strange about this, I regularly had to reverse caravans into places that the owners, who had been towing for 40+ years in many cases, wouldn’t dare venture into because they usually drove into spaces front on.

Pete.

James the cat:

comet:

nightline:

You sound like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest going off the above

Er. isn’t that why you’re meant to collapse them down once lined up? I always did. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Hate to teach momma to ■■■■ eggs and all :unamused:

At a guess he is reffering to a 20ft skelly, not a 40ft slider, like one of these.

midlifetrucker:
Some people can drive artics for years without having to reverse. Horses for courses. If you do a lot of market deliveries or farm deliveries or collections you don’t have to do a lot accurate reversing. Fridgework will involve more bay work as its rdc deliveries.

You have not been to many farms then? In my experience it’s the fridge & container & the RDC regulars that have trouble reversing.

No that’s the point. The minority are shown up at such places. For every poor reverse there’s probably 100 normal ones

And I do all sorts and on days I can’t reverse for toffee and on others I’m awesome

Truckbling:

robroy:
Cheers mate, seasoned yeh, done Europe yeh, but hey… leave the old out eh :laughing:
If you’ve done desert roads I’d bet I’m just a mere lad compared to you, :laughing: …but hey, respect anyway. :smiley:

Pmsl, I love drivers like you. I will be sat minding my own business in an RDC or Truckstop and you come mooching over, sit down and then start talking about your Scania outside. This quickly turns to the ever famous phrase " When I were on t’ continent". Rofpmsl The closest you have been to the continent is when you sat next to your Incontinent Grandma ffs.

As regards Poles based in the UK being [zb] drivers, I certainly concur that, on the whole, they in fact are! Agreed you may know a [zb] or two who works with a friend of your sister and they are alright blokes but out here in the real world where I visit many different companies every week and witness said drivers and driving very badly, its hard to argue any different.

You can’t comment really when you only work for one employer and only come into contact with the odd flipflop but here you are as per usual offering your Mr perfect and helpful third hand opinions. Sad really.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Do you talk ■■■■ full time or is it just a hobby on your day off? :laughing:

I’m getting worried now you appear to be unable to resist answering my posts whenever you come on here.
Go on admit… you love me really, don’t you.!

Anyway not going to even bother replying or responding to your usual inane ill thought out ramblings.
But hey!.. keep following me mate anyway if you like, I don’t really mind. :smiley:

Edit: just realised I was right…You have already put that you love me! :laughing:
I’m flattered mate seriously, but alas also spoken for, but seeing as riggers and baseball caps are your thing, I would probably be the wtong guy for you anyway.
Google it you may be lucky, there are sites out there I am told.
Good luck. :wink:

Took me a few shunts to reverse into this spot at Holyhead…The place was empty FFS! :blush:

Truckbling:

robroy:

As regards Poles based in the UK being [zb] drivers, I certainly concur that, on the whole, they in fact are! Agreed you may know a [zb] or two who works with a friend of your sister and they are alright blokes but out here in the real world where I visit many different companies every week and witness said drivers and driving very badly, its hard to argue any different.

Have a glass of water.