Veteran drivers who can't reverse

Conor:

blue estate:
Also DAF’s have their blind spot mirrors on top not bottom like rest of trucks or is it just ridged LF

The CFs have their blind spot mirrors on the bottom.

Makes no difference where they are as the often get obscured by the quarter window.[emoji35]

Evil8Beezle:
I’m amused that some are silly enough to judge a persons character, abilities, attitudes and values

Thats quite good coming from you, a person who does exactly that when, especially talking about anyone who does not drive an articulated vehicle :slight_smile:
note the smiley…

I’m glad nobody saw me on Cullompton services last night, 5 shunts to reverse between 2 parked up motors :open_mouth: …, also heard a loud crack thought I’d took a mirror out, got out and the noise had thankfully came somewhere from the rail track.

Too ■■■■ eager to get into Maccy Ds for my Latte and Pulled pork wrap, hence the balls up. :blush: …but I think I got away with it :smiley:

Twoninety88:

Evil8Beezle:
I’m amused that some are silly enough to judge a persons character, abilities, attitudes and values

Thats quite good coming from you, a person who does exactly that when, especially talking about anyone who does not drive an articulated vehicle :slight_smile:
note the smiley…

Leave the lad alone he joined .‘The Elite’ last week.

Still a lot to learn though, but still getting more cocky by each post :laughing: :laughing:

Roymondo:

blue estate:
Also DAF’s have their blind spot mirrors on top not bottom like rest of trucks or is it just ridged LF

LFs have the wide angle mirror at the top. CF and XF have them at the bottom.

Why is that ? MAN trucks 7.5t through to tractor unit all have same layout
And yes that CF window is crap

robroy:

Twoninety88:

Evil8Beezle:

note the smiley…

Leave the lad alone he joined .‘The Elite’ last week.

Still a lot to learn though, but still getting more cocky by each post :laughing: :laughing:

Give it another week and I’ll be telling you all you can’t drive for toffee! :grimacing:
I have to speak down to the VAN drivers, it’s motivation… - Worked on me! :smiley:

watching people trying to reverse into a simple bay… is just embarrassing sometimes. :open_mouth:

Evolved:
watching people trying to reverse into a simple bay… is just embarrassing sometimes. :open_mouth:

Maybe they are new and need a hand, a bit of guidance. :bulb:
I often get out and watch them in if I see somebody struggle, but that’s just me.

I have just gone back on the road after a brake of around 18 months. I have landed a great job, mainly trailer swaps at RDC’s. The thing is though there are several different trailer types from skellies and 40ft tandem axles too the 52ft rear steers on trial and a couple of others in between. Couple that with two makes of tractor unit, mostly four wheelers with some six leggers, I have found its a steep relearning curve to master backing all the various combinations on to bays.

robroy:

blue estate:

Carl Usher:
B Taylors of Mansfield delivering papers into Menzies Wakefield every night. It’s pure comedy gold. Yard is huge but a perfectly straight forward reverse under the canopy takes every single one of their drivers between 5-15 mins whereas it’s a 10 second exercise for any competent class 1 man. Unsurprisingly they’re all foreigners that can hardly speak a word of English.

I do find northerners hard to understand :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I find all this anti foreign driver crap hard to understand.
Can’t speak English, ah well they must be crap at reversi g then.
:unamused: ffs! :unamused:

Because they are. They can’t drive for toffee and haven’t got a clue what they’re doing once off the motorway network, nor do they understand any road signs and they work for peanuts. Are you a flip flop yourself robroy because it sure as hell sounds like you are by the way you jump to their defence every time.

Conor:

blue estate:

The CFs have their blind spot mirrors on the bottom.

Our CF has a big blind spot as well as he only see what he chooses to see ! :slight_smile: :wink:

Carl Usher:

robroy:

blue estate:

Carl Usher:
B Taylors of Mansfield delivering papers into Menzies Wakefield every night. It’s pure comedy gold. Yard is huge but a perfectly straight forward reverse under the canopy takes every single one of their drivers between 5-15 mins whereas it’s a 10 second exercise for any competent class 1 man. Unsurprisingly they’re all foreigners that can hardly speak a word of English.

I do find northerners hard to understand :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I find all this anti foreign driver crap hard to understand.
Can’t speak English, ah well they must be crap at reversi g then.
:unamused: ffs! :unamused:

Because they are. They can’t drive for toffee and haven’t got a clue what they’re doing once off the motorway network, nor do they understand any road signs and they work for peanuts. Are you a flip flop yourself robroy because it sure as hell sounds like you are by the way you jump to their defence every time.

I couldn’t give a flying ■■■■ how it sounds to you mate to be honest.
I don’t subscribe to predjudicial negative stereotyping that’s all which usually starts with the words flip flop or Johnny Foreigner :unamused:
. It’s a bit like saying all Jocks are ■■■■■■■■■■ all Irishmen are thick, all scousers wear shellsuits and nick cars, all truck drivers are uneducated the list goes on and with one thing in common…pure ■■■■■■■■.

Have you driven abroad at all, I wonder if some narrow minded type in Euroland is of the same opinion as you, where both you and me are foreign drivers.

Or is your opinion based on seeing a few side swipes on the M20.

There are ■■■■■■ useless Foreign drivers yeh,… and there are ■■■■■■ useless Brit drivers,

After 28 years class 2 I passed class one a week before my 50th birthday last month, I still have not took an artic on the road but been told I blind side an artic better than one of our 18 years artic drivers, but I would still ask the same guy for advice, it’s confidence and I am sure he will get the truck in anywhere given time as we all would. We all have strength and weaknesses :wink:

Tbf ive got a hell of a lot of respect for the Romanians etc. I wouldn’t fancy reversing roles and swanning off over there to be treated like ■■■■ by them. Not to mention weekends parked up in lay bys. And I find them to be generally nice people. As it happens one rolled up at our yard today as I was going home. He wanted to park up there for the weekend but I didn’t have the authority to let him in with my gate fob, but told him to follow me in my car and took him to a decent spot to park up. Before anyone has a go at them just think how you’d like to be treated. He gave me a bottle of beer for my trouble.

robroy:
Too ■■■■ eager to get into Maccy Ds for my Latte and Pulled pork wrap, hence the balls up. :blush: …but I think I got away with it :smiley:

Is that a sort of w*****g song performed by a bruv :wink:

Tris:
Tbf ive got a hell of a lot of respect for the Romanians etc. I wouldn’t fancy reversing roles and swanning off over there to be treated like [zb] by them. Not to mention weekends parked up in lay bys. And I find them to be generally nice people. As it happens one rolled up at our yard today as I was going home. He wanted to park up there for the weekend but I didn’t have the authority to let him in with my gate fob, but told him to follow me in my car and took him to a decent spot to park up. Before anyone has a go at them just think how you’d like to be treated. He gave me a bottle of beer for my trouble.

Parked between 2 Bulgarian drivers at Jabbeke one summers night.
Sat minding my own with my feet on wheel, dressed in FLIP FLOPS (you were right Mr Usher :bulb: ) and shorts, and they offered me a plate of their Camion stew. I supplied some of the beers and we had a bloody good night… although their English was bad and my Bulgarian was a lot worse :smiley: , then the wine was brought out by one of them, don’t remember much more. :smiley:
And guess what…they both left in the morning, managed a shunt ok :open_mouth: , left me with both my mirrors intact :open_mouth: and even my trailer free from marks and scratches… :open_mouth: …despite them ALL being crap drivers.

:unamused:

Are you a flip flop yourself robroy because it sure as hell sounds like you are by the way you jump to their defence every time.
[/quote]
Hahahahahahahaha.
No he is just a seasoned old git who drove Europe like me and is not so crass as to believe UK born drivers are Gods gift.
And there are crap drivers of every colour and race, along with some bloody excellent ones…Try driving a desert road if you want a challenge !
The problem in MY opinion nowadays it’s all about cost saving …So training is minimal , (just enough to pass a test ) in a unit that only needs a steering wheel attendant to make it move. But that’s another story.

Right, I see…

Anyhoo, this chap was definitely not foreign and was also not a newbie.

This wasn’t having a pop at newbies or anyone who has to occasionally take a few shunts, that could have been done without, it’s drivers who’ve been driving for years and can’t do basic reverses and are going out of their way - asking to get vehicles moved, get tipped at the roadside and presumably a whole variety of tactics to avoid ever having to reverse. I just don’t understand how they never get caught out by a road closure with a long reverse, that type of thing.

3 wheeler:
Are you a flip flop yourself robroy because it sure as hell sounds like you are by the way you jump to their defence every time.

Hahahahahahahaha.
No he is just a seasoned old git who drove Europe like me and is not so crass as to believe UK born drivers are Gods gift.
And there are crap drivers of every colour and race, along with some bloody excellent ones…Try driving a desert road if you want a challenge !
The problem in MY opinion nowadays it’s all about cost saving …So training is minimal , (just enough to pass a test ) in a unit that only needs a steering wheel attendant to make it move. But that’s another story.
[/quote]
I’m with you and Robroy on the subject of Foreign drivers (mainly East European drivers) I’ve seen good ones and I’ve seen those that really worry me when they start driving, but then I’ve met plenty of UK drivers who I wouldn’t trust with a wheelbarrow let alone a truck.

Carl Usher:

3wheeler:
Hahahahahahahaha.

Cheers mate, seasoned yeh, done Europe yeh, but hey… leave the old out eh :laughing:
If you’ve done desert roads I’d bet I’m just a mere lad compared to you, :laughing: …but hey, respect anyway. :smiley:

Still a few new driver/ good lads about btw, they aint all bad, even if they haven’t got as much to learn nowadays as you say.