Vermont ?

Yesterday morning as I was driving south from Burlington to Waterbury VT, zipping along quite sharpish when I see a slow moving state truck with big lit up sign ‘RIGHT LANE CLOSED, MERGE LEFT’ … About half a mile further and there are about 4 slow moving vehicles in the right lane, the last one I come to has a guy picking up the cones as it slowly moves forward, you know what I mean ? Traffic in the coned of section was slowed to about 50 mph. I drove along through this coned off area thinking obviously the overnight work was done and that bloke I just saw was now collecting all the cones, which is a logical explanation, BUT ! This was Vermont and Vermont people are well known for not being the smartest out there and after 5 or 6 miles of the cones I pass 4 more slow moving vehicles but this time the last one has a guy putting cones down ■■?
WTF was that about then ? Was it some sort of cone race where the picker upper has to try and catch the putter downer ? There was nothing whatsoever going on between the two groups :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just emailed Vermont highways department to ask about the cone race :laughing:

I love driving through Vermont, especially off of the interstate (Vermonter’s are a danger to themselves and all around if they are on a road with more than one lane in each direction) but as you say, not the sharpest pencils in the box most of the time. Even worse is when you’re somewhere like Montreal, the Cross Bronx or the NJTP and you see that distinctive green licence plate and you just know that no matter what you do, whether you stay behind, over take, over take in the lane furthest away from them etc, they will, somehow, manage to do something idiotic to firk you up and almost cause a multiple vehicle pile up. Never fails.

I just can’t understand how when you meet the people they seem very friendly and intelligent, they are just the stupidest drivers on the planet, they don’t know how to use roundabouts, to merge or even use stop lines, Yesterday I was also merging onto I-189 coming north again and even though it forms two lanes I noticed the stupid bint in the left lane slammed on her brakes because I had not stopped FFS, donw the road on route 7 I saw a car facing me waiting to turn left, I must have been a quarter of a mile away but the idiot sat there waiting for me to pass, much to the annoyance of the line of cars behind him I am sure.

:laughing:

Pat Hasler:
Just emailed Vermont highways department to ask about the cone race :laughing:

so who won :smiley:

Pat Hasler:
I just can’t understand how when you meet the people they seem very friendly and intelligent, they are just the stupidest drivers on the planet,

This is my opinion of Massachusetts. In person they are usually some of the nicest people you’ll meet, but on the road, especially on any interstate or multi lane highway they turn in to absolute animals who have all the grace and manners of a pig with mental aggression issues. The whole state is populated by Jekyll and Hyde cases and their switch is the threshold of a car door.