Vermont cop on my side for once!

Driving up I-89 after unloading a Ben & Jerry’s in Waterbury VT then moving onto I-189 to join US7 south today, the entrance ramp goes round to the right to form the righthand lane and the left lane is the entrance ramp from the airport area, so that just remains the left lane and mine the right lane. As I straightened up I hear a horn blowing and the guy in his gold pontiac crap heap, he swerved onto the grass and hit the brakes, I just carried on my way. On US7 about 10 minutes later there’s a blue light on my tail and flashing headlights, so I pull over into a bus recess and await the cop who walks up, then I notice the gold crap heap pull up and a guy gets out running up shouting “That’s him, thats’ the one, forced me off the road he did”
“Ok, so now you know why I stopped you sir” said the cop.
"I never forced him of any road " I said, I then explained where the incident happened and who was in what lane. “Thats right” said the idiot, “thats how it happened, he should have stopped and looked back before driving in front of me”
“I didn’t drive in front of you, I stayed in the right lane which was my lane, if you had just stayed in the left which was your lane nothing would have happend” I told him.
“I want him charged” said the idiot.
“With what ?” asked the cop …“Proper use of highway lanes or driving in complete control of a motor vehicle ?” He looked at me and said "Just drive on sir, I am sorry to have wasted your time. I drove off and looked in the mirror to see the cop wagging his finger at the Vermont fool :laughing:
This is quite normal up there to see fools stop for no reason and look back, causing absolute chaos.

I always give cars with those distinctive green Vermont plates a wide berth, especially on the interstate where they are obviously out of their comfort zone and prone to ridiculously erratic behavior that surpasses most of the foolish antics that eminate from cars with NJ, CT and MA registration plates. Fortunetely they are a small state with a small population so my battles with them are few and I havent driven up through Vermont in almost two years now.

Having my work mostly running to B&J every week I am in contact with Vermonters regularly and as such I find 99% of them are very intelligent and friendly people, trouble is it’s just like nerdy people … they are all very clever but disastrous behind the wheel.

For the first 8 months I worked in Canada, I’d drive through MA every week heading down to NJ or PA and I’d detest the car drivers in MA, they were rude, reckless, aggressive and I’d just assumed as people they were no different in themselves. The first time I had to deliver to MA I was expecting those same traits in the people and to my complete shock I found them to be really nice, down to earth people who didn’t match their driving personalities at all. It does make you wonder what happens to them when they step foot in a car because its a complete transformation.

Not like NYC and Northern NJ then, they are total twonks out of the cars LOL