Ventilation.

I don’t seem to have a great deal of air coming out of the vents on the Maggie, the fan is working so I’m assuming it’s a blocked cabin air filter. On my car this is changed at the annual service, is it supposed to be inspected/cleaned/replaced as part of the Renault M1 or M3 services? Mine had both recently but I have been told that it is a job which often gets overlooked. If so then I will get the workshop to do it next week as it is in for other work (yet again :stuck_out_tongue: ), if not then I will have a look at it myself, I’m assuming it is behind the offside headlight? Or is there something else I should be looking at?

Renewing the pollen filter is a routine service item on most cars - but in my experience even main dealers rarely do it. Had exactly the same problem as you describe (bugger all airflow from the vents) on a drive down to Southern Spain in Mrs Roymondo’s 2-yr-old Citroen C4 a few years ago, despite it having twice been serviced by local Citroen dealer. I pulled the filters out in a hotel car park.

I change mine 3 times a year as its really bad for dust in the steelworks, 2 minute job on a MAN and the difference is immediately noticeable once there changed

Just possibly omitted from service unless specifically requested, because maybe it is located in a megasupadupaturbo plastic housing with the silly little flimsy plastic clips which break as soon as you look at them. This then causes arguments between the dealer and the owner about who is going to pay for a new housing.

Are you going to Brands this weekend for the truck racing Harry?

Thanks for the replies, I doubt it has ever been changed… having a new one fitted next week when it gets an oil leak sorted out.

cav551:
Are you going to Brands this weekend for the truck racing Harry?

Unfortunately no, will be away on the boat tomorrow for the next week or so. Will try to get along to November’s meet.