Vehicle Swap Tacho Question

I had two different runs to do in a single shift for the same company this meant swapping vehicles part way through the shift. Before ejecting my card from the first vehicle I set the tacho for other work, went and sorted out the paperwork and about 15 minutes later I put my card into the tacho in the second vehicle before starting the vehicle checks, at this point should I have done a manual entry to cover the 15 minutes or because I had already registered other work before ejecting the card from the first vehicle just set it to other work from the time of insertion?

I am not sure as it’s the first time I have been in this situation.

MickyB666:
I had two different runs to do in a single shift for the same company this meant swapping vehicles part way through the shift. Before ejecting my card from the first vehicle I set the tacho for other work, went and sorted out the paperwork and about 15 minutes later I put my card into the tacho in the second vehicle before starting the vehicle checks, at this point should I have done a manual entry to cover the 15 minutes or because I had already registered other work before ejecting the card from the first vehicle just set it to other work from the time of insertion?

I am not sure as it’s the first time I have been in this situation.

I believe, but happy to be corrected, that if your card isn’t in the tacho then you are assumed to be on rest. Just like when you take your card out for the night. Swapping your card from one truck immediately to another can cause time overlap errors. IME the best option is to do a manual entry on the second truck to account for the missing time.

Should have done a manual entry to cover the missing time then once done just carry on as normal.

Yes.
Eject card .
Do other work POA or have a break.
Insert card into new or same vehicle (due to the possibility of someone else moving it in fitters etc ) insert manual entry …

The nice gentleman in the yellow coat wants to see what you’ve been up to. It’s your job to be able to show him and this is by means of tacho, whether manual or otherwise. Stick to that and you wont go far wrong.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks All !! :smiley: