Vehicle livery and slogans

Looks like the traditional livery is going out fast but also I notice a lot of ridiculous corporate words on the sides of trucks…no longer are many firms “haulage contractors” they are " your partner in logistical solutions" or some statement promising the customer there fantastic service.
Just seems sad as I used to like seeing a traditional liveried truck with its company name and where they were from on the side,

I agree. Another example of Americanised twaddle and management speak we have to endure these days. I remember when a ‘refuse disposal operative’ was a binman.

when we 1st set up i wanted to use my name, but the wife thought it was very unprofessional

it would have been S.H Inernational Transport or S.H.I.T for short :laughing: :grimacing:

You’d be hard pushed to beat the Knowles Transport website for modern jargon

About Us

Knowles Transport has grown to become a powerhouse in UK logistics since its establishment in 1932.

Providing unparalleled supply chain solutions, through the utilisation of the best warehousing and transport modes, combined with the expertise of management trained in a wide variety of industries, Knowles Transport is trusted by customers to provide superior supply chains and giving their business a competitive advantage.

Still family owned and operated and now 3rd generation, Knowles Transport brings a wealth of experience in delivering excellence for over 80 years, but has the modern foresight to continually adapt and develop to ensure customers are provided with world class supply chain services.

knowles-transport.co.uk/index.php

It seems that transport is a dying art form.

Whenever I see shighte like that it reminds me of that story The Emperor’s new clothes.
I wonder what kind of twunt is taken in by it. Lets call a spade a fabricated matter relocation tool.

So many corporate images and liveries on vehicles are as dull as dishwater. Makes you wonder why they just didn’t go all white. It least Reed Boardall don’t hide the fact they don’t give a monkey :smiley: . I liked the old Thorburn or Geoff Gilbert livery. Now that was impressive. That’s another thread altogether. Slogans wise they all blend to one. First one seemed to be “temperature controlled transport” which made me smile as technically it doesn’t make much sense.

I would love someone to set up the Yorkshire Transport Co…
Advertising would be…( in a broad Yorkshire accent) “We pick up your stuff and deliver it to some one else- in return you pay us”

You have heard the slogan, as good as getting it there yourself.
Ours is, you are better taking it there yourself :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

when i worked for a dodgy tipper firm :astonished: a few years ago,the rates were so poor,us ‘drivers’ joked our slogan should be…‘anywhere,any time,at any price’ :laughing:

That firm called panic logistics has the phrase “you ring and we panic”
I somehow don’t think it will be a cushy job at that place :smiley:

Agree - wordfaff when none is needed. ‘Haulage’, ‘delivery’, doesn’t need tarting up does it?

Panic link used to have don’t Panic and get panic in then relax on the back of there trucks :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I remember when “large enough to cope, small enough to care” was popular. I asked my old gaffer why we don’t have a slogan. He said “got any ideas?” I said what about “can"t cope, don’t care!”

His reply was priceless. Unprintable, but priceless :grimacing: .

We still have the company name and haulage contractors on our trucks.
Also have the village we are based in and the city name.
I think it gives a firm an identity instead of a white truck pulling up with a corporate buzz word on the side.

at Carryfast,with the company name on the motors,we could have been done under the trade description act when we were struggling along with the 180 Gardners :frowning: :laughing:

Rikki-UK:
Advertising would be…( in a broad Yorkshire accent) “We pick up your stuff and deliver it to some one else- in return you pay us”

weel come and get thee tackle and teck it sumweer fo thee,thaz got to gee us some brass forrit thow,iz that wot thaz onnabart rikki me old mucker :wink: :wink:

seth 70:

Rikki-UK:

weel come and get thee tackle and teck it sumweer fo thee,thaz got to gee us some brass forrit thow,iz that wot thaz onnabart rikki me old mucker :wink: :wink:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

burnley-si:
when we 1st set up i wanted to use my name, but the wife thought it was very unprofessional

it would have been S.H Inernational Transport or S.H.I.T for short :laughing: :grimacing:

ok if you ran a drainage company that dealt in sewage,i saw one tanker and the number plate said something along the lines of 1 ■■■,quite funny

Saw one the other day with Niall’s Scaffolding - For a better erection. Made me chuckle.

My lorry has “powered by 469 horses and 1 ■■■” from a previous owner, hopefully when my lorry gets our company stickers they will leave it.