Vehicle empty weight

Hi
Looking at the attached plates can anyone tell me what the weight of my 14t truck is when it is empty - no load.

So I can check if I am over loaded.

Unladen/empty weight = take empty to weighbridge for an accurate figure

Weigh at weighbridge with full tank of fuel and driver in cab

I also think what the OP is saying how would you know if your ok for a weight limit if you don’t know your unladen weight
does seem silly not to have the basic weight of the vehicle on it though

nick2008:
I also think what the OP is saying how would you know if your ok for a weight limit if you don’t know your unladen weight
does seem silly not to have the basic weight of the vehicle on it though

Some have the UL weight but do not specify what that includes - it could be the manufactured weight ■■?

99.99% of Weight limits go by GVW - 1400 in this case

What is train weight.?

valks1:
What is train weight.?

GTW is the maximum actual weight the vehicle and trailer can weigh together when placed on a weighbridge
GTW has nothing to do with total plated GVW/MAM weights of the individual vehicle or trailer
GVW of vehicle must not be exceeded
MAM of trailer must not be exceeded
GTW (actual weight) of the combination (vehicle + trailer) must not be exceeded

Example
Vehicle GVW 1400
GTW 2400
Trailer MAM 1200
Load vehicle to 1300
Load trailer to 1100
GVW of 1400 not exceeded
MAM of trailer 1200 not exceeded
GTW of 2400 not exceeded

valks1:
What is train weight.?

The train weight is the gross weight of the entire vehicle, i.e., prime mover and trailer when one is pulled.

It is crazy that the unladen weight of a vehicle is not shown on the plate. It is the single most useful figure for a driver to know in order to calculate whether they are within their GVW.

ULW + Payload must not be above GVW, but we aren’t going to tell you what ULW is. :question:

The plate only relates to the chassis and axles. It tells you:

GVW total vehicle weight allowed
GTW total vehicle plus trailer allowed
Front Axle maximum weight
Rear axle maximum weight

…But it totally ignores what body and/or equipment has been mounted on it. After all it may be changed in the future.

Often you’ll see a 7.5t or a trailer with stickers on that show ULW but they have been put on as an optional extra, it isn’t on the official plate as that only relates to the total weight the chassis and axles are rated for.

So they want to load 10t on me and I don’t know if the ULW is 8.5t or 7.8t how can I begin to guess whether it is over?!

Never understood this one.

As above the only way to know, if it is not marked anywhere else, is to take it to a friendly tip or scrap yard and ask for a go on their weigh bridge.

Other than that, take a guess and if you get stopped whilst over shrug and explain drivers have an awful time of it. :laughing:

It is a legal requirement to show the height (which may change) in the cab so why is there not a similar rule to display the ULW somewhere (other than the plate) ? :bulb: