Vehicle Checks

Hi fellas! Can you please tell me how are you doing your daily vehicle checks? Are you using a printed checklist you fill in with a pen or do you have some special software for that?

Thank you!

What do you need? Theres s great app from the same guy who does truck timer called ‘daily defects’
You fill it out on your smartphone and once complete you can email it to your office. You also have the option to add extra items if theres something extra on your vehicle that should be checked.

if your going to post adverts,could you just post them as adverts and not some pishy kidon story? and put some pictures up as well as we like to look at nice pictures on here being too hard to read and drive at the same time…or…do what I do,wakeup,check the diesel faries haven’t been busy,check to see nobodys burgled the back doors of the fridge or nicked my rear lights while simultaniously taking a pee…then head off down the road…ive done that for over 30 years,and seems fine sofar.

Thank you for the response m1cks! The problem is that we’ve been old school doing our daily checks, so I’m looking for some app like the one you offered, to replace that process.

I want to know what you guys are using, so please tell me if you know about any other apps and how good have they been for you so far.

Thanks

dieseldog999:
if your going to post adverts,could you just post them as adverts and not some pishy kidon story? and put some pictures up as well as we like to look at nice pictures on here being too hard to read and drive at the same time…or…do what I do,wakeup,check the diesel faries haven’t been busy,check to see nobodys burgled the back doors of the fridge or nicked my rear lights while simultaniously taking a pee…then head off down the road…ive done that for over 30 years,and seems fine sofar.

Are you referring to me? I was not posting an advert just my personal experience of using an app that does what the op has asked for. The fact its free would mean the developer makes no money off of it. Thats like me telling everybody how great the friday ad is for buying cars.

Why is such a thing needed, if the operator wants you to assume liability for everything concerned with their vehicle, they come up with a check list and you work your way through it, taking however long is necessary.

As Dieseldogg says, unless the operator issues a check sheet, do what you know is common sense and needed, if they issue an exhaustive check sheet make sure you check every item and tick every box even if it takes an hour before you move off, they’re paying and they’re making you, the driver, responsible.

We have a spreadsheet supplied by the owner and we have a wedge of these printed out in each lorry. Then each morning go down the list, mileage, trailer ID etc. Then at the end of the week we hand them into the office.

Hi guys, thank you very much for the help. We found an app for 2£ a month, which we started using recently and so far it’s been great :slight_smile:

dimostchv:
Hi guys, thank you very much for the help. We found an app for 2£ a month, which we started using recently and so far it’s been great :slight_smile:

Is that £2 per month per vehicle/driver or £2 a month total?
any idea why you chose the one you did when there are free ines available?

m1cks:
What do you need? Theres s great app from the same guy who does truck timer called ‘daily defects’
You fill it out on your smartphone and once complete you can email it to your office. You also have the option to add extra items if theres something extra on your vehicle that should be checked.

Last time I checked it was android only :frowning:

Denis F:

m1cks:

Last time I checked it was android only :frowning:

I wasnt aware of that.
Another reason to ditch Apple :wink:

I really don’t get the app daily checks thing, if you ever did end up at public enquiry a stack of well-thumbed paper books will look much,much better.

In any case storing a few books in a drawer has never seemed like a big deal. I guess if you’re some megafleet it might be worthwhile. Only advantage I could see would be if barcodes were stuck round the vehicle, in the relevant places, and had to be scanned as you went round.

Own Account Driver:
I really don’t get the app daily checks thing, if you ever did end up at public enquiry a stack of well-thumbed paper books will look much,much better.

In any case storing a few books in a drawer has never seemed like a big deal. I guess if you’re some megafleet it might be worthwhile. Only advantage I could see would be if barcodes were stuck round the vehicle, in the relevant places, and had to be scanned as you went round.

I hate stacks of paperwork. A nice file folder on an email account is much neater and will always be chronological. It also means any vehicles operating away from base can send instant reports with pictures attached. This could enable spare parts to be ordered before the vehicle returns to yard. Keeps down time to a minimum.

It’s 2£ per vehicle and you have to pay yearly, but at the moment you get a month free.

We chose it because it works on both Android and iOS, they provide support with it and also there are no ads. You can scan barcodes/QR codes, take photos and put a digital signature, so we think it’s well worth the 2 quid.

The app is not vehicle checks specific though… The way I’m understanding it is that you can turn any paper form into digital with a full price of 25£ per month. The 2£ per month is if you want to use it only for the vehicle checks.

If anyone is interested to know more you can drop me a message and I’ll be happy to help :slight_smile:

I’m not going to troll through what’s written here but I’m sure the authorities would prefer a book of some description that any other driver of the said vehicle can also check that any reported defect has been rectified and singed off as repaired.

Every truck I’ve been in has one of those small “defect” books in it.

dieseldog999:
if your going to post adverts,could you just post them as adverts and not some pishy kidon story?

+1

tachograph:

dieseldog999:
if your going to post adverts,could you just post them as adverts and not some pishy kidon story?

+1

Strange how the IP address used to register is a company specific one that includes the word “computers” :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Denis F:

tachograph:

dieseldog999:

+1

Strange how the IP address used to register is a company specific one that includes the word “computers” :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’d noticed that too!! :wink: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: