Vehicle check

Hi,

Does everybody complete and keep a paper copy of there vehicle check? (like a check sheet)

How long do you keep this for?

Have a book where we either write nil defects or what ever the problem is, has milage, reg, name of driver etc at the top and hand mine in at the end of the week.

I carry one of these with me

$T2eC16hHJGYE9nookPmkBR3-j!t1Dw~~60_35.GIF

Saaamon:
Have a book where we either write nil defects or what ever the problem is, has milage, reg, name of driver etc at the top and hand mine in at the end of the week.

+1… but I hand mine in every day.

I keep the carbon copies until my carbon copy folder gets too full and then I take the oldest carbon copies out and have a little carbon copy bonfire in a layby.

Our check sheets are incorporated into our driver trip sheets and i think no 100% sure but you need to keep these for 5 years?

Do it on my phone, have check list that when completed sends email to myself, this is a time stamped record that checks were made and when.
If a defect is recorded during this process the information is also emailed to myself, my TM and workshop.
Defect rectification follows same system.
All this data is stored on online data base (the cloud) so loads of info and no paper. :smiley:

merc0447:
Our check sheets are incorporated into our driver trip sheets and i think no 100% sure but you need to keep these for 5 years?

:laughing:

If true, which I doubt, then I’m USCWAP because I have a carbon copy bonfire in a layby roughly every three months.

They can [zb] right off if they think I’m going to keep little bits of paper from 2008.

I’ll play the “fire hazard” card if I ever get pulled up on it… which I doubt. :sunglasses:

I just use a checklist that I made, it goes Monday to Sunday and if there’s a defect ill fill the defect book in those defect books can get expensive filling a page in every day. As to how long to keep them I just wait till I get ■■■■■■ off with loads off paper in my folder and they get filed in a draw in the workshop or binned what ever is closest.

I am led to believe that a nil defect sheet can discarded after two weeks? A defect sheet kept for 12/14 months?
Don’t ask where I got that info from :exclamation:

I do my checks every day (often twice) but I haven’t written a defect sheet out in nearly a year.

Dave55:
I am led to believe that a nil defect sheet can discarded after two weeks? A defect sheet kept for 12/14 months?

Where did you get that info from?

You are required to keep written records of defects and show an audit trail (usually an invoice from your friendly garage) to show the defect has been repaired and the vehicle is now fit for use for 15 months.

If you complete a weekly / daily sheet and that is the way that you report defects, then that sheet has to be kept for 15 months. If you use the sheet as a ‘nil defect’ sheet and record defects in a separate book, then you keep the defect book sheets for 15 months. The nil defect sheet you can bin as soon as you complete the next check, usually the next day.

geebee45:
You are required to keep written records of defects and show an audit trail (usually an invoice from your friendly garage) to show the defect has been repaired and the vehicle is now fit for use for 15 months.

If you complete a weekly / daily sheet and that is the way that you report defects, then that sheet has to be kept for 15 months. If you use the sheet as a ‘nil defect’ sheet and record defects in a separate book, then you keep the defect book sheets for 15 months. The nil defect sheet you can bin as soon as you complete the next check, usually the next day.

Who says that?

FarnboroughBoy11 said

Who says that?

VOSA in their Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness

Contraflow:

Dave55:

Where did you get that info from?

:smiley: