Vehicle change - analogue to digi tacho

Today I had a headache trying to decide how I should record the following duties -

Started this morning in a 3.5 tonne van (no tacho) but the boss needs a manual tacho to be completed. When I got back they then wanted me to go out in a 7.5t with a digi tacho.

The timings were such that I had a 45 min break on returning to the yard in the 3.5 (complying with WTD and driving hours) and before going out in the 7.5.

After completing duties in the 7.5 I then got back to the yard before completing another 4.5 hr drive and ended.

So on the analogue tacho I manually recorded the other work/driving/rest in the 3.5 and on the reverse entered the time of the change to the digi and noted that it was digi (I also have a print out of the digi)

My question is - should I have recorded all of the previous duties on the digi when I got in the 7.5 or is the 3.5 officially out of scope■■? :question:

BTW the boss was happy with what I had done - but VOSA :question: :open_mouth:

For the purpose of the tacho rules everything done in the 3.5t is just other work so no need to record the time as anything other than Other Work with no need for driving to be recorded as driving. Although showing a break for the WTD can’t hurt if the time in the 3.5t and then driving the 7.5t was going to go over 6 hours without a 15 minute break.

You could have made a manual entry on the digi when you got to it showing the time from the start of the shift to when you took your break as Other Work and then another entry to show the 45 minute break you took, could have just had 15 minutes there for WTD if it suited you as you hadn’t done any driving which required a break.

No need to have a printout from the digi, it’s all on your card.

shouldnt the 3.5 be on tacho though ? i always thought it was 3.5 or over that had to be fitted with tacho

hyper26:
shouldnt the 3.5 be on tacho though ? i always thought it was 3.5 or over that had to be fitted with tacho

Exceeds 3.5t.

Hi guys - thanks coffeeholic - that clears that up, although the boss insisted on a manual entry tacho for the 3.5t which kept him happy so I guess I recorded everything ok - prob too much info from the 3.5 tho but should keep vosa happy if they come acalling

Cheers

DB :slight_smile: