Veh fridge

Can anyone tell me where the on switch for the fridge in an MAN, under bunk slide out one is.

Thanks
Sapper

Mines on the top at the back, passenger side…

Yep, slide it out and look on the top it’s at the back by the passenger seat

Is it actually a fridge? The reason I ask is because the switches are pretty obvious and the non fridge pull out draw looks like a fridge but is just a cool box.

Thanks guys, looks like it’s a cool box, def no switch.

Sapper

nomiS36:
Is it actually a fridge? The reason I ask is because the switches are pretty obvious and the non fridge pull out draw looks like a fridge but is just a cool box.

You mean a waste of space ■■■■■■■ :wink:
That was the first thing to come out of my TGS and it freed up a lot of floor space

blue estate:

nomiS36:

That was the first thing to come out of my TGS and it freed up a lot of floor space

That’s what I did too! Why they designed it to encroach into the floor space god only knows.

I think it is just a cool box on the newer models. I drove a 57 plate TGX and it had the electric fridge and also interior lights in the roof. Just drove a 64 plate same model and same slide out box but it is not refrigerated, also no lights in the roof just horrible one next to tacho that blinds you.

nomiS36:

blue estate:

nomiS36:

That’s what I did too! Why they designed it to encroach into the floor space god only knows.

The front part is designed as a step up to get into the top bunk.

098Joe:
I think it is just a cool box on the newer models. I drove a 57 plate TGX and it had the electric fridge and also interior lights in the roof. Just drove a 64 plate same model and same slide out box but it is not refrigerated, also no lights in the roof just horrible one next to tacho that blinds you.

:confused: All our MAN’s have both and they range from 2009 to 2016 both TGS TGM rigids and TGX tractors
Did your younger truck have a sunroof ? if not that’s why

The fridge will be down to whether your boss specs it. I had a tgx xxl that had upgraded speakers, I.e a huge sub behind the drivers seat but no fridge! [emoji44] who the f**k prioritises better sound quality from the stereo over a fridge on a motor that’s otherwise perfect for tramping ffs? The stereo was bloody good though [emoji23] At the moment I’ve got an actros which does have a fridge albeit a bit on the small side but I’ve been promised a microwave when it’s replaced, probably next year. The other driver ain’t getting a microwave because he insists on using services every single night out whereas I don’t [emoji23] One of the benefits of working for a firm with only 4 of its own bought trucks I guess.

Well, it’s only a hire, I’m supposed to get mine back on Tuesday night, thank ■■■■, fridge and microwave, need at least that for tramping, lost without them, such a poor choice of food around if you want to eat healthy.

Sapper

Yeah, I can’t wait for a truck with a microwave, it opens up so much more culinary opportunities. [emoji4]

nomiS36:
Yeah, I can’t wait for a truck with a microwave, it opens up so much more culinary opportunities. [emoji4]

Mine is in the car ready for tomorrow and my Actros should now have an invertor fitted 3kw one :open_mouth: so now I have a fridge and microwave and can use a electric kettle as well

I run a domestic microwave through an inverter which plugs into the anderson lead… to be fair i don’t use it too often, as I have a Tefal red spot fry pan and a gas burner… works for everything I cook, and I don’t eat rubbish…