Ve day bank holiday

Juddian:
Maybe should only be awarded to and accepted by genuine patriots, those who accept the various annual bank holidays intended to celebrate important events wouldn’t be hypocrits would they.

Steady on Juddian, I’m definitely a patriot, but as far as any religious festival celebrations go, being a non subscriber to fairy tales, .I’d have to work the bloody things,.and make do with a camion stew for my Xmas dinner,.and a bloody Yorkie bar instead of an Easter egg. :neutral_face:
:laughing:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ah well,.at least it was money not wasted, but put to better use than before eh? :smiley:

STILL getting the little snipes and niggles in from the remoaners of old eh? :smiley:…let it go boys, let it go. :laughing:
You lost…TWICE
(Not unlike the Germans in the thread subject. :laughing: )

TWICE??

Uncleskid:
It should be an extra day not have a bank holiday moved to celebrate it

+1.
At least being a Friday,.I’ll be on premium time.

Still patriotic having visited many European WW2 and 1 European battlefields, and numerous war cemeteries paying respects, but reckon I’ll still be working it.

Darkside:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ah well,.at least it was money not wasted, but put to better use than before eh? :smiley:

STILL getting the little snipes and niggles in from the remoaners of old eh? :smiley:…let it go boys, let it go. :laughing:
You lost…TWICE

TWICE??

Yep twice.
Germans… 1918 World War 1
and 1945, World war 2. :bulb:

Remoaners …2016 EU referendum
and 2019 General Election
(aka SECOND EU referendum :wink: …whatever anybody says)

robroy:

Darkside:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

You lost…TWICE

TWICE??

Yep twice.
Germans… 1918 World War 1
and 1945, World war 2. :bulb:

Remoaners …2016 EU referendum
and 2019 General Election
(aka SECOND EU referendum :wink: …whatever anybody says)

UMM only 13.4 million voted for Boris Johnson so not sure what happened to the additional 4 million odd voters above that voted Leave in the Referendum.

Probably sickened by all the whinging, but at least the winning majority were finally vindicated eh? :wink:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

STILL getting the little snipes and niggles in from the remoaners of old eh? :smiley:…let it go boys, let it go. [emoji38]
You lost…TWICE
[emoji38]
(Not unlike the Germans in the thread subject. [emoji38] )

So, is a vote the end of discussions?
If any party wins an election, should they be immune from criticism and discussions until the next election?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

STILL getting the little snipes and niggles in from the remoaners of old eh? :smiley:…let it go boys, let it go. [emoji38]
You lost…TWICE
[emoji38]

If any party wins an election, should they be immune from criticism and discussions until the next election?

No not really, but in a democratic referendum most definitely.
Problem is you lot have moaned that much, that by the time the election was won, everybody was ■■■■■■ off with hearing it all that much after you could not accept the result, , so the ontinuation of the post election moans just remind us of it all to we get bored ■■■■ less with it all. :bulb:

Anyway, let’s just concentrate on the Victory in Europe celebrations, that prevented us from suffering unfair totalitarian European rule…a bit like Brexit in fact. :smiley:

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

You lost…TWICE
[emoji38]

No not really, but in a democratic referendum most definitely.
Problem is you lot have moaned that much, that by the time the election was won, everybody was ■■■■■■ off with hearing it all that much after you could not accept the result, , so the ontinuation of the post election moans just remind us of it all to we get bored [zb] less with it all. :bulb:

Anyway, let’s just concentrate on the Victory in Europe celebrations, that prevented us from suffering unfair totalitarian European rule…a bit like Brexit in fact. :smiley:

Why is a referendum so different to an election, regarding discussions?
And in this case, the referendum was about leaving the EU, which we are going to do, but wasn’t about what would replace the EU trading relationship.
If it ends up that we sign a close deal with the EU (BRINO) will you just shrug your shoulders and say nowt? Or will you feel free to comment?
For those who only want an easy life, it isn’t all over yet, it won’t all be over on Jan 31st, and won’t all be over this time next year. Sorry, but there we are.
Not much chance of “vindication” this side of… hmmm 2030?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ok I’ll just sit tight waiting for the famine, pestilence and plague of locusts, followed by Armageddon that all you lot have been wittering on about for so long, if Brexit happened.
But surprisingly I won’t lose a lot of sleep over it, and I’ll deal with situations if and when they occur.

All those factory workers who knock off at Friday Lunchtime are going to be miffed that its a bank holiday, they are all in the pub by 1pm anyway, plus all the mosques will still be open.

robroy:
Ok I’ll just sit tight waiting for the famine, pestilence and plague of locusts, followed by Armageddon that all you lot have been wittering on about for so long, if Brexit happened.
But surprisingly I won’t lose a lot of sleep over it, and I’ll deal with situations if and when they occur.

No mention of waiting for all the positive things that will come? :question:

Darkside:

robroy:

That’s because I ain’t used to hearing any positivity from you lot, it’s all doom, gloom, negative speculation depression and death. :unamused:

NOBODY knows what the future brings, we can speculate as long as we want, so all these what will happen/what could happen conversations are pointless (mostly sparked off by you lot)
Everybody else (especially me) are totally ■■■■■■ off of hearing all this stuff from you all.but in my case I’ve always tended to look on the glass half full positive side of things.
Of course all the crap caused by EU membership ain’t going to be sorted overnight, but it’s like starting a new relationship with a woman (or a man each to his own) from a disastrous one, so sit back and enjoy the ride…no pun intended. :smiley:

robroy:

Darkside:

robroy:

That’s because I ain’t used to hearing any positivity from you lot, it’s all doom, gloom, negative speculation depression and death. :unamused:

NOBODY knows what the future brings, we can speculate as long as we want, so all these what will happen/what could happen conversations are pointless (mostly sparked off by you lot)
Everybody else (especially me) are totally ■■■■■■ off of hearing all this stuff from you all.but in my case I’ve always tended to look on the glass half full positive side of things.
Of course all the crap caused by EU membership ain’t going to be sorted overnight, but it’s like starting a new relationship with a woman (or a man each to his own) from a disastrous one, so sit back and enjoy the ride…no pun intended. :smiley:

‘you lot’…

Hmm I am a similar age to you, similar time in the industry, similar feelings on how the industry has gone, I am (like you I think) still working class as well…

But because I don’t agree with your views I am ‘you lot’ and ‘whingeing remoaner’…

Darkside:

robroy:

Darkside:

robroy:

‘you lot’…

Hmm I am a similar age to you, similar time in the industry, similar feelings on how the industry has gone, I am (like you I think) still working class as well…

But because I don’t agree with your views I am ‘you lot’ and ‘whingeing remoaner’…

I’m not disputing your class or anything to do with the job mate,.and I meant no offence to you personally. :bulb:
'Your lot’was a referral to your allegiance to the ‘remainer’ side of things.

You’re right we are similar,.a couple of drivers who if we ever meet, will undoubtedly get on well over a pint or a cup of coffee, but that’s just it,…we 're working men, we ain’t politicians.

The results are as they are, but your lot (sorry :smiley: ) still will not accept them. :imp:
I personally am SOoooooo ■■■■ sick of putting on the tv, hearing negativity on Brexit, putting on the radio, hearing that every bloody thing that is not going well is a result of Brexit, it’s became a default scapegoat ffs, same on this forum here…bloody Brexit negativity, …
The SILENT majority have spoken, it’s time your lot :smiley: …just accepted it. :bulb:

Look mate I’d be happy to discuss the thread subject, Victory in Europe, as I have an extensive interest in 20th century history, so bring it on, but if you want a Brexit, EU,.and politics debate, give Carryfast or his mate Winseer a shout. :wink: :smiley:

Trucknet is about the only place I have seen Brexit mentioned recently, oh and some sad bloke who blames it for taking Flybe down. I think Meghan and Harry have taken a lot of pressure off Brexit and shooting down a passenger jet “by mistake” is a great excuse to change the subject.

Lets get Brexit Done