VDO Tachograph Machine Message

When ejecting my tacho card from the machine a message popped up on the tacho machine screen saying (one download day left) or something along those lines… ive never seen this before, :open_mouth: what should i do about that?

Errr… just a hunch but you could maybe think about getting it downloaded.

you have to get it downloaded once a month at least…most do it weekly…or it will over write.

It will not over right after only month,
i don’t know exact time when it will over right but its very very long
Once a month is your requirements to download or you could do the company’s job and download it every day, just think you will get paid for it
And even if it’s company policy you do not have to download every day
And that’s a fact

AnotherDriver:
When ejecting my tacho card from the machine a message popped up on the tacho machine screen saying (one download day left) or something along those lines… ive never seen this before, :open_mouth: what should i do about that?

I don’t really know but maybe the new tachographs tell you when the next download is due.

truckyboy:
you have to get it downloaded once a month at least…most do it weekly…or it will over write.

Legally you need to get the card downloaded no later than 28 days from the last download but the data won’t be overwritten for several months.

nightline:

If you want to keep the job you do.

It means the vehicle tacho head needs downloading. Nothing to do with you forget it and crack on. Office job for tacho head to be downloaded not yours.

nightline:
Once a month is your requirements to download or you could do the company’s job and download it every day, just think you will get paid for it
And that’s a fact

As said cards hold months of data generally before it gets over written.

I can go back months on my card.

simcor:

nightline:
And that’s a fact

As said cards hold months of data generally before it gets over written.

I can go back months on my card.

In fact I’ve just checked and I can go back as far as 3rd January 2017 on this card. That may just be when I first started using it as had to send mine off as it was faulty.

So mine currently has 10 months worth of data on it.

All our unit do that it’s not the card needing downloading it’s the unit

Where I worked the units were downloaded monthly over the w/e whilst some of the motors stood idle.