Vasts World

great pics harry, i think i could have my arm twisted into having a night out in some of them!!

The top one is pulling a container trailer…Texas Style.

I saw a (kenworth I think) similar to the ‘Jaws’ one pulling a container down the A14 past Cambridge services a couple of weeks ago - I think it was UK reg’d.

Probably the same one!! :laughing:

chorcheela:
I saw a (kenworth I think) similar to the ‘Jaws’ one pulling a container down the A14 past Cambridge services a couple of weeks ago - I think it was UK reg’d.

red one? that would be f b wolfe (think thats their name) i saw it in france with a fridge on it

The Mc Collisters moving van (United Van Lines Colours),is a New Jersey company not too far from me .Notice the fridge unit on the front of the trailer,probably used when hauling computers,fine art etc.

I did notice the fridge motor…
Vast is resting up in El Paso as we speak…

euromat:

chorcheela:

red one? that would be f b wolfe (think thats their name) i saw it in france with a fridge on it

Wolfes is a Peterbilt 359, and was for sale a few months back.

Yeah,that Jaws looks like a Pete.

i saw the red jaws one yesterday on the 65 near burnley looked good not sure what it was pullin though never looked :slight_smile:

harry:
Yeah,that Jaws looks like a Pete.

Certainly is, that ones a 379 with a double eagle sleeper

Great rigs for straight roads H but not much use in Trampers neck of the woods
Had a ride round Florida 2005 some of the loads & trailers looked lost on the back of the units.
Nice photos though

I was talking to driver of Wolfe’s Pete the other week at Pidou, Dunkerque. He told me that they’d put in a ■■■■■■■ (?) with Eaton twin splitter to better the fuel consumption.

I found the ■■■■■■■ with Eaton/Fuller transmissions great. But unfortunately all the other bolt on components like the alternator , compressor,hydraulic pump etc; all seem to shake off. I have spent centuries in workshops with break downs on trucks fitted with ■■■■■■■ engines…

My Pride & Joy Once upon a time H used to enjoy driving it 410 ■■■■■■■
with eaton twin splitter

"Pull a house down!!! " :laughing:

This was my old gal. 350 but pulled like a train.The trick when you were fully freighted on the hills was to keep her in high range & whack it into crawler. Not a lot of people know that! :laughing:

the secret 7th gear that everbody but nobody knew about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You had to have courage to try that for the first time… :laughing: