Variable Speed Limits

On way to work in car at Dartford on Monday night, tunnel approach was closed so all traffic had to come off at jct. 1b
Variable speed limits showed 50…40…20 ■■?
Now I do my best to keep within the limits but slowing to 20mph when there’s traffic bearing down on me at way over the limit is just suicidal
If the highways agency are going to have these variable limits then they should use a bit of common sense when applying them.

It’s a joke that 20 mph! :imp: rather fine us :smiling_imp: but I had it one night near m40 :bulb: come out of heathrow :laughing: inside lane for m40 :question: and the roadworks DID NOT AFFECT US! :exclamation: :unamused: :open_mouth: it was further on for gate 17 :imp: a car driver upon SEEING 20 mph sign decides " brake test the artic who’s heading north for manchester! " :bulb: from 70 mph + to 20 mph ( tommy cooper! ) just like that! :imp: I undertook the said ■■■■■■■ on the hard shoulder doing 60 mph and the Richard head got back on the m25! :smiling_imp: no workmen in sight ■■■■■■■■■ :grimacing:

:open_mouth:

Don’t tell Maritime, they’ll have to put their limiters up a bit.

went past membury services M4east at 6 am saw the speed was 60mph,queue ahead,then 40mph,came past membury and guess what,END,end of what there was nothing there,it was virtually dead that time of morning traffic wise,this keeps happening at that particular spot but nothing is ever done about it,even after sending an email last year to the H/Agency

I’ve had issues with the 20 on the M42 years ago and apparently its the way the system is set up :unamused:
:unamused: Total ■■■■■■■■ I think

wing-nut:
On way to work in car at Dartford on Monday night, tunnel approach was closed so all traffic had to come off at jct. 1b
Variable speed limits showed 50…40…20 ■■?
Now I do my best to keep within the limits but slowing to 20mph when there’s traffic bearing down on me at way over the limit is just suicidal
If the highways agency are going to have these variable limits then they should use a bit of common sense when applying them.

This is something I’ve thought about recently too ,the speed of traffic behind or the thought of getting a ticket via one of these new cameras ,I always slow down when the gantrys show lowered speeds but you have draw a line between getting done and getting hit up the ■■■ .

Dan Punchard:
This is something I’ve thought about recently too ,the speed of traffic behind or the thought of getting a ticket via one of these new cameras ,I always slow down when the gantrys show lowered speeds but you have draw a line between getting done and getting hit up the ■■■ .

depends on your preferences I suppose . :open_mouth: .
I wonder if anyone with a dash cam showing NO traffic in front with a 20 showing hit from behind would have any case to claim against the Highways for inappropriate reduced speed enforcement