Variable speed limits to be installed on m4 jc 24-28

They were gonna put more lanes in but it would cost too much, they were gonna build an m4 bypass around newport but that would cost too much, so they are going for the cheaper option by putting in loads of variable speed cameras :imp:

I dont understand how it works? if the traffic is going slow because of congestion they will lower the speed limit, what is the point? the traffic is going slow anyway.

Options 1 and 2 will cost money

Option 3 will raise revenue

Simples

Semtex:
Options 1 and 2 will cost money

Option 3 will raise revenue

Simples

I doubt it will raise money, they have not long put specs cameras up and every car driver seems to think 50 means 35 :imp:

There are plenty of car drivers doing 60plus( and the system is now live!!). If you start at J24 at 50-55 and try to stay at that you will be ok due to the hills and the tunnel which they are all frightened of. Watch out for the speed camera just after J30 going west

chooch:
There are plenty of car drivers doing 60plus( and the system is now live!!). If you start at J24 at 50-55 and try to stay at that you will be ok due to the hills and the tunnel which they are all frightened of. Watch out for the speed camera just after J30 going west

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I noticed that too, they all seem to slow right down in the tunnel, you go in at 50mph and end up coming out at 20mph

bubsy06:
I dont understand how it works? if the traffic is going slow because of congestion they will lower the speed limit, what is the point? the traffic is going slow anyway.

The reverse logic of relieving congestion by slowing traffic is beyond me. :unamused: