vans

zebadee:
Mr Hutchinson, why ask about vans on a truck forum?

As has been mentioned, look at …

http://www.codforum.co.uk should that not read codforum.org.uk

shed5.co.uk

courierexchange.co.uk (VERY expensive to join so just look around & try & get a trial!)

courierworld.com

Finally, I have a Xlwb 4.2m Sprinter, 04 reg with only 140,000 genuine miles, all set up for Euro work (1st aid kit, triangles, high viz etc) available to hire or buy if your interested

but then again hutchie might like playin call of duty

As a European travelling owner driver I can recommend that you obtain an Esso fuel card,Esso have two types of fuel station,normal and the Express unmanned offering derv on most occasions at even less than supermarkets.With both BP and Shell,I have since sent Shell back they lost my card at a French station but I didn’t pay for fuel drawn a week I made a profit I think,BP I just use now and again.You also will be wanting to reclaim VAT or as the French have it TVA,I have been using for many years a company known as QUIPSOUND who offer an excellent service and also ensure I annually receive my Essential User Rebate which is set at 2.5 cents a litre,thay also claim back VAT for me from all other EU countries.Unfortunately vans/trucks breakdown and I will advise that repairs on the road in Europe are a total rip off,so do you want R&M another rip off.As for insurance,well shop around but do remember the cheapest is not always the best.

dont buy a transit,they are rubbish vans. ldv is just a no no,

sprinters are your best bet

iveco vans are good,but they aint very reliable tbh

dont think there is that much wrong with a transit but they are heavy and thirsty vans for the sort of work hutchies lookin at
the older shape vw had a noisy engine and a rubbish whinny gearbox
not much wrong with with either the iveco or ldv vans aslong as you like very regular visits to the dealer/garage

the vauxhall/renault/nissan van vivaro or primastar again a good van but have me doubts about them coping with the weight for any length of time

but then again thats just my opinion