Van + Trailer & 7.5 tonner Advice

Found one.
Scroll down on the link, they also seem to use them for ‘W+D’

wallaceschool.co.uk/training/largegoods.htm

They also seem to use a Renault Mascott for the C1 which I have no problem with, they even give you a free ride out in a full size one when you pass, how nice :smiley:.

cause thats what the company wants to do

When you say ‘The Company’ do you mean the company you are working for and who are paying for your training?
Or do you mean the LGV training school that you are signing up with??
I know that there are a lot of unscrupulous LGV training companies that are trying to tell newbies that they have to go for their 7.5 ton before going on to Cat C.
It is just NOT TRUE.
If you are over 21 then you can go directly to Cat C LGV.

young david is only 19

gogzy:
young david is only 19

Can go for C in 5 months then as the age is lowered to 18 on Sept 10 this year

young david is only 19

Aha! Missed that bit. But the warning about some training schools trying to get older drivers to go for 7.5 ton first still holds. So beware.

Ah now that we know his age this does make a difference :smiley:.
I’m with ROG on this, he might as well wait a few months until the CPC comes in. He can’t do a C1+E at this point of time as he isn’t 21.

the place i learn’t at had a 7.5 tonner that i never saw move. I asked if anyone went for their C1, they said very few, only ambulance drivers as they are 4-5 tonne and the NHS won’t pay for their license. Anyone else that comes for it they recommend them to go straight to class C.

Cynic-al:
the place i learn’t at had a 7.5 tonner that i never saw move. I asked if anyone went for their C1, they said very few, only ambulance drivers as they are 4-5 tonne and the NHS won’t pay for their license. Anyone else that comes for it they recommend them to go straight to class C.

Yeh I asked this also when I went for my wagon and drag familiarisation drive, the indtructor said it’s ambulance personel that use this the most.
Some ambulance services require D1 also as you may be required to do patient transportation services from the day centre etc. I know a lot of schools do special deals for paramedics.