Van stolen from work last night

Had a phone call from the place I’m doing agency work for, the van I used on Friday was stolen last night. The lady said the thieves rocked up, smashed the window to release the handbrake and then towed it away. It was a TJS rental Transit Luton, 12 plate. Little worried as I now have to leave my car in the same yard while I’m tramping for them.

Radar19:
Had a phone call from the place I’m doing agency work for, the van I used on Friday was stolen last night. The lady said the thieves rocked up, smashed the window to release the handbrake and then towed it away. It was a TJS rental Transit Luton, 12 plate. Little worried as I now have to leave my car in the same yard while I’m tramping for them.

Park your car outside it’ll be covered on your insurance just make it look completely Mt. Open glove box etc… Odds on they won’t hit again for a while

Imo commercial vehicles (be they vans or HGV’s) are stolen for specific “jobs” so the chances of your car getting half inched at work are no greater or lesser than if it was parked in any public place.

Im sure they will find it soon… with your fingerprints all over it :open_mouth:

TROTSKY3:

The cops know I was the one driving it last on Friday (legally). Its on CCTV me bringing it back and locking it up.

Horrible,had my astra gte16v ( mint ) stolen,got it back on the thurs ( repaired and mint again) , it was then stolen again on the following Monday ,got it back again ( repaired and mint) ,but lost all faith in it ,every time I left it I was expecting it too not be there when I came back ,traded it in for a fiesta diesel :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,salesman couldn’t believe it ,I couldn’t ,but just brought the most unlikely car incouldvthink of too get stolen .

Radar19:

TROTSKY3:

The cops know I was the one driving it last on Friday (legally). Its on CCTV me bringing it back and locking it up.

"Thats what they all say, ,now get on the ground your under arrest " followed by a beating for resisting assault :laughing:

dozy:
Horrible,had my astra gte16v ( mint ) stolen,got it back on the thurs ( repaired and mint again) , it was then stolen again on the following Monday ,got it back again ( repaired and mint) ,but lost all faith in it ,every time I left it I was expecting it too not be there when I came back ,traded it in for a fiesta diesel :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,salesman couldn’t believe it ,I couldn’t ,but just brought the most unlikely car incouldvthink of too get stolen .

Hope this makes you feel better,but every single mk2 GTE has been stolen at some point in it’s life same with the cavy sri.

my GTE was never stolen, it was always in a garage.

Driver-Once-More:
my GTE was never stolen, it was always in a garage.

getting repairs ? :laughing:
i remember taking rented videos back to the rental shop , had them in the front window of GTE ,on a bend they slid across and right out the window,went back to look for them, they were properly trashed bits of plastic everywhere. digi speedo was cool at the time.

i wouldnt worry the vans been stripped for its engine and bits probably, probably bought an accident damage and needed some cheap spares, and as for the astra GTE, what a machine they were, screwdriver in the lock up and to the right then pop the black box and you were away, or turn the hazard swutch upside down :slight_smile:, even better was when airbags first came on the scene, get under the car and cut the horn wire, selotape thick black bin bags to the indicators or on some you could screw the lens out and remove thje bulbs and give the front right bumper a good thump, safety system would unlock the car for you :slight_smile: snd the airbags would go off

Plugster:
i wouldnt worry the vans been stripped for its engine and bits probably, probably bought an accident damage and needed some cheap spares, and as for the astra GTE, what a machine they were, screwdriver in the lock up and to the right then pop the black box and you were away, or turn the hazard swutch upside down :slight_smile:, even better was when airbags first came on the scene, get under the car and cut the horn wire, selotape thick black bin bags to the indicators or on some you could screw the lens out and remove thje bulbs and give the front right bumper a good thump, safety system would unlock the car for you :slight_smile: snd the airbags would go off

no i bought it

Just heard today that they found the van about a mile away two days ago, burnt out of course.

Radar19:
Just heard today that they found the van about a mile away two days ago, burnt out of course.

You didn’t need to burn it out Radar. You already had a legitimate excuse for your fingerprints and DNA to be all over it. You should have sold it lad. Now it was all for nothing.

Radar19:
Little worried as I now have to leave my car in the same yard while I’m tramping for them.

Why worry, it’s all insured isn’t it? I’m hoping someone would nick mine & torch it:grin:

Plugster:

Ha Ha, speaking from experience are we !