Van driving hours regs?

Hi, hoping someone might know the driving hours regs on here ? finding it hard to get crarity. how many hours rest between shifts in a 24 hour period ? working saying i have to change work start and finish times now ? after years of doing same shift patten. start work saturdays at 1.30 pm till 10.30 pm finish. start time 8am sunday till 5pm. thay recon not long enought rest between these too shifts. any info would be great thanks.

UK domestic regs

You can legally (not safely) do this
drive 1 hour
rest 1 hour
Do that for 20 hours then…
work 1 hour
rest 3 hours
and do that every day of the year
SERIOUSLY - that is legal !!

esso:
Hi, hoping someone might know the driving hours regs on here ? finding it hard to get crarity. how many hours rest between shifts in a 24 hour period ? working saying i have to change work start and finish times now ? after years of doing same shift patten. start work saturdays at 1.30 pm till 10.30 pm finish. start time 8am sunday till 5pm. thay recon not long enought rest between these too shifts. any info would be great thanks.

there are no regs - you need to self regulate to stay safe

Anything under 3.5t. No regs.

Thats why all you need is a car lisence to drive.

Now lorrys drivers will all tell you that it should be illegal etc as they are on the road as much as the lorry men. In some cases true.

Just dont listen to them. Follow the rules and regs.

Usually find the first one to moan are the bloody lorry drivers hating the white van man who tears by him at 100mph on a friday knowing hel be in the house soon.
Regards

C

No one…

Know’s the driving regs on here. The subject usually ends up with four pages of debate and disagreement over being on duty for over 15 minutes without a break. Or if taking an extra 9 hours off after 3 weeks from when you needed to take 9 hours off is a thing.

If your Transit has no recording device then, there are no driving hours regs. Just the same as your own private Ford Cortina, you can drive until you fall asleep, wet yourself in the drivers seat or navigate into a tree you didn’t see bang smack in front of you.

esso:

There are GB Domestic regs which cover some van driving it but it isn’t under driving regs they’re getting the idea you aren’t getting enough rest, it’s working time directive as that quite rightly specifies 11hrs daily rest. But that’s the working time directive for regular people, not Working Time Directive (Mobile Workers) aka RTD which is different from the working time directive which covers the wallahs in the office and warehouse. Might want to point out you come under the RTD not the WTD.

ROG:
UK domestic regs

drive 1 hour
rest 1 hour
work 1 hour
rest 3 hours

It isn’t because it’s in breach of the RTD.

Conor:

ROG:
UK domestic regs

drive 1 hour
rest 1 hour
work 1 hour
rest 3 hours

It isn’t because it’s in breach of the RTD.

RTD for drivers of over 3.5 tonne vehicles
WTD for driver under 3.5 tonnes

Both are unregulated with WTD being able to fully opt out of

yourhavingalarf:
No one…

Know’s the driving regs on here.

The prosecution…

Rest’s m’lud.

yourhavingalarf:

yourhavingalarf:
No one…

The prosecution…

Rest’s m’lud.

I reckon you’re wrong.
I’ll bet that DD999 knows them all.
And can tell you what fines they attract, all from experience, too!

yourhavingalarf:

yourhavingalarf:
No one…

The prosecution…

Rest’s m’lud.

Objection your honour.

The defence would like to pursue some old fud lorry drivers opinions on this now they are retired and pull caravans for a living.

I ask this…do they use a log book when towing or driving along at 20mph on sundays.

If it’s taxed as a goods vehicle they should follow GB Domestic hours and keep a written record of their activities.

GB domestic rules
GB domestic rules apply if both the following are true:
the maximum permissible weight of your vehicle or vehicle combination is under 3.5 tonnes

gov.uk/drivers-hours/gb-domestic-rules

Washwipe:
the maximum permissible weight of your vehicle or vehicle combination is under 3.5 tonnes

Whaaaaaaat? Does that mean that applies to my car?

the maoster:

Washwipe:

Whaaaaaaat? Does that mean that applies to my car?

Is your car taxed as a goods vehicle?

^^^^ nope, neither will any 3.5 tonne van.

the maoster:
^^^^ nope, neither will any 3.5 tonne van.

Are you sure?
PLG means Private / Light Goods, doesn’t it?

Just like every car, van and motorcycle then?

Edit to add; NOT motorcycles. Been a long time since I taxed one.

Washwipe:
If it’s taxed as a goods vehicle they should follow GB Domestic hours and keep a written record of their activities.

GB domestic rules

gov.uk/drivers-hours/gb-domestic-rules

GB rules is an alternative to EU rules not additional. EU rules ONLY applies for GVW /GTW 3501kgs or more. Which is exactly what the Gov link says.

3.5t and below hours are simples.
Drive till tired, stop have large coffee, crack on., Repeat…

i didnt think van driving had limits and driving hours or rest piriods. turns out thay do. no more than 10 hour shift if driving that shift. 11 rest between shifts, ar well.