Van drivers to comply with LGV drivers hours?

This can’t be right can it, is it just scaremongering.?

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … hgv-rules/

chester:

Domestic hours regs up to 3.5t yes.Not the same thing as ‘HGV’ hours regs which generally means EU regs.So more driving time and log books not tachos are fine.

Unenforceable even if it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s see if any van drivers - can get out of paying the ULEZ charge…

How much money did the new Dartford Crossing system raise - in the form of £60 fines for “not coughing up by midnight the following day”…?

chester:

My understanding was that you came under domestic regs if you drove a van for more than 4 hours a day, you were supposed to record it but didn’t have to keep the records.

I believe the EU are looking into an hours and O’licening scheme for van on international work, probably becuase of the masses of 3.5t vans with sleeper pods running around Europe, with seemily no controls on drivers hours or maintenance.

“Scaremongering”?
Is the thought of van drivers having to keep sensible driving hours, “scarier” than them doing 24hrs driving without enforceable regs?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Those are British Domestic Regs, been around for years.

I had a conversation with a TC (not the tea and biscuits variety) and he said there were no plans to bring tachos in on vans.

albion:

I had a conversation with a TC (not the tea and biscuits variety) and he said there were no plans to bring tachos in on vans.

It is highly likely to be folded into the upcoming rules requiring new vehicles to carry data recorders.

It might not involve tacho cards and a specific record of the driver, but it will obviously provide an independent record of the movements of the vehicle, which combined with contiguous mileage records and other business records probably provides at least as much enforcement rigour as provided by old analogue tachos.

Rjan:

albion:

It is highly likely to be folded into the upcoming rules requiring new vehicles to carry data recorders.

It might not involve tacho cards and a specific record of the driver, but it will obviously provide an independent record of the movements of the vehicle.

Yes black box data recorders to be mandatory fitted to all new vehicles by 2021.

Rjan:

albion:

It might not involve tacho cards and a specific record of the driver, but it will obviously provide an independent record of the movements of the vehicle, which combined with contiguous mileage records and other business records probably provides at least as much enforcement rigour as provided by old analogue tachos.

Indeed, but I don’t think the DVSA will be downloading them at the road side. In the event of a serious crash it will be a different matter.

chester:

I don’t know about scaremongering I’d put it down to BS by some fool who couldn’t be bothered to check his/her facts.

As has been said EU regulations which is what has been writen about is for goods vehicles over 3.5t not the small ■■■■■■ type vans they’ve got in the articles picture.

Vans under 3.5t come under UK domestic regulations which allow 10 hours driving in any 24 hour period and from memory there’s no specified weekly or fortnightly driving limit.

14404059817_ccbba6bb37_b.jpgAnd yet i can drive this 24 hours a day if i want. (or could :wink: )