Van driver earning more than class 1 driver

Beetlejuice:

Juddian:

Labour?

Lib Lab Con, what’s the difference?
They’ve been the same party more or less for the last 30 years, doesn’t matter which team you voted for you got liberal lefty politically correct devotees to the EU.

Nothing else worth voting for now garage is gone.
Blairs Labour flooded us though .
Absolutely wrecked us .

Beetlejuice:
Absolutely wrecked us .

Aye, and accelerated under the pointless and disappeared Cameron and the utterly useless Home Sec May, hastily put forward as a sort of PM to sabotage Brexit.
What a level we have stopped to.

Mind you i have a feeling we (me) were duped with Farage, he let something slip the other day, taking the credit for taking the votes from and effectively silencing the BNP…sorry should have said the ‘odious’ BNP (schoolboy error, never get a job at the bbc now :unamused: ), yet as soon as Brexit was won officially he buggered off, just at the moment we all knew he would be needed most.
UKIP now toothless, with an ex liberal as leader? bloke who needs new elastic in his trollies, UKIP becoming a laughing stock.
Just WTF is going on.

Juddian:

Beetlejuice:
Absolutely wrecked us .

Aye, and accelerated under the pointless and disappeared Cameron and the utterly useless Home Sec May, hastily put forward as a sort of PM to sabotage Brexit.
What a level we have stopped to.

Mind you i have a feeling we (me) were duped with Farage, he let something slip the other day, taking the credit for taking the votes from and effectively silencing the BNP…sorry should have said the ‘odious’ BNP (schoolboy error, never get a job at the bbc now :unamused: ), yet as soon as Brexit was won officially he buggered off, just at the moment we all knew he would be needed most.
UKIP now toothless, with an ex liberal as leader? bloke who needs new elastic in his trollies, UKIP becoming a laughing stock.
Just WTF is going on.

Everybody is out for themselves?
short term greed long term who gives a F. k

Victims of our own past success maybe?

Feed the world echoes in my mind,
Well done Bob! They all love you fella,I bet within 20 years we will be hearing morning prayers in London …
Hopefully I will be dead around then :laughing:

Juddian:
Lib Lab Con, what’s the difference?

Different colour ties. :wink:

My opinion to this,

don’t work for these outfits, simple but each to their own.

Security duties■■?

If anyone wants to grab the load, well carry on as I won’t fight anybody who does.
I will sit in my cab and report it or be asleep anyway.

TruckerAds:
Just want to get me point across because this is boiling my ■■■■,

So as from April 1st this year some of you may or may not nmw goes from 7.50 per hour to 7.83 per hour, as it stands Ramage Transport day class 1 drivers earn 7.75 per hour and the ramage transport VAN driver earns 7.50 per hour,

So as from April 1st the VAN driver and class 1 driver will both be on the same rate of pay 7.83 per hour but because the van man puts in 18 hour shifts plus sometimes just because he can, he will actually be taking home more money than someone who has forked out £££ to get a class 1 licence!

Where is the justice in that? I’ve got nothing against the van driver but come on that’s ridiculous, there’s lads in there told the van driver to get his big boy licence buy why bother spending £££ to earn less? Not to mention Ramage don’t fund drivers CPC so you have to fork out of your own pocket to be able to do your job, the van man doesn’t need to worry about CPC, tachographs, weight limited roads, low bridges etc etc…

Every driver working there needs to down there keys and refuse point blank to do anything until the rate of pay is raised, at the end of the day no drivers=no collections/deliverys no collections/deliverys= no income for the company

Robin ramage would drop through the floor if drivers stood up to him and refused he would have no choice but to raise pay

I’m not one normally to complain but this is getting beyond a joke, I’m pleased I’m out of the place.

who’s going to be burn’t out first though,would you do an 18 hour day,i know I wouldn’t

I know van driving requires less qualifications/training but in my experience van driving is a lot harder especially if your working for a big outfit like amazon who expect 120+ parcels delivered a day.

Your ex firm are taking the ■■■■ out of your van and hgv drivers! They are underpaying both the van and hgv drivers.
I wouldn’t drive a van for less then £10 an hour and I know I could find work easily at that rate. For a HGV I want to be on at least £12.

£7.75 p/h for class 1 don’t think so chief not when I get £9 an hour for driving a merc sprinter.
Does beggar belief when you look at how low truck wages have sunk too,not that long ago you could tell someone your a truck driver and it would be “that’s a good job to do” now it’s a case of “really? You drive that for that money?” Ok not all hgv wages are that bad but there’s more crap than good money about.

adam277:
I know van driving requires less qualifications/training but in my experience van driving is a lot harder especially if your working for a big outfit like amazon who expect 120+ parcels delivered a day.

Your ex firm are taking the ■■■■ out of your van and hgv drivers! They are underpaying both the van and hgv drivers.
I wouldn’t drive a van for less then £10 an hour and I know I could find work easily at that rate. For a HGV I want to be on at least £12.

Yeah but where do you live ?

Wages are all area dependant.

If it wasn’t for means-tested benefits, then few people would be able to commute to, and afford to take minimum-waged transport-related jobs.

PAYE transport workers don’t get to claim back expenses, don’t forget.

If you also make it so that one no longer needs a HGV licence, “The Knowledge” or any experience beyond getting a Satnav to drive “professionally”, then guess what?

You’ll be seeing what is happening within Greater London rolled out over the rest of the country.
Even the DCPC has been made a box-ticking excercise that any Thomaz, Ricardo, and Haraldra can obtain by simply paying the money, and turning up to the course.

“Over-supply of Labour” more than counteracting “Under-supply of experienced and skilled drivers”.

Juddian:
Just WTF is going on.

I’d guess you need to go a lot higher up the food chain than thinking that Farage could care less about the BNP vote.IE questions like why did the ultimate Commander in Chief of the armed forces in the form of HM herself allow parliament to hand over the sovereignty of the country to a foreign power.Rather than arrest and impeach Heath for treason.Let alone the question of her losing ultimate authority over the forces to the EU federation without a word of protest let alone again impeaching parliament and imposing Brexit on grounds of national security.

As for Bolton this is the person who was happy to go to war for his country including by all accounts in the steel coffin of a tank which would take some very extreme motivation for me to want to do.So he’s done nothing illegal he’s fallen for a younger woman and she likes him.He won’t be the first to do it and he won’t be the last.

My theory being that Farage is now looking for an exit strategy.In the realisation that the establishment doesn’t want to get involved with setting any precedent of secession within the EU.Because of the possible potential implications of that regarding both the UK and US Federal government systems.

Which obviously means us remaining a state of a Federal Europe and all the implications of that regarding the country’s labour supply.So a win win for the employers at least until the economy finally implodes under all the contradictions which that creates within it. :frowning:

Anyone working for that amount only has themselves to blame. It’s a taking the pi$$ wage, no ifs, no buts.

Shame on Ramage if that’s true.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Where I work in North Lincolnshire, the wages aren’t that high. There is only one company that pays more than my current lot on general. You could earn more doing tanks but thats not my bag. As the wise on this site have said. If you want to earn money, good money driving a wagon then get yourself on own account transport.

Radar19:
Where I work in North Lincolnshire, the wages aren’t that high. There is only one company that pays more than my current lot on general. You could earn more doing tanks but thats not my bag. As the wise on this site have said. If you want to earn money, good money driving a wagon then get yourself on own account transport.

+1. Own account is the favoured way for good money and working conditions.

By own account do you mean self employed? I am self employed but currently doing the beet season with a company. With current HMRC regulations I have had to go on books. The criteria for self employed is now too high for self employed drivers to be adhering to the law. We are all dicing with big fines and back tax. It only takes a company you work for to get an investigation and there’s going to be trouble.

Basically unless you are supplying the lorry you are not allowed to be a self employed driver. I have been looking into it and the only way around I can see is to register as an agency and hire yourself out.

No, he means get a job with the few remaining companies who carry their own goods and service their own shops or customers, eg factory to customer or direct employed for supermarkets where you usually carry from RDC to supermarket, but direct employed by the company, not a contractor such as the green death.

Where the transport is really an extension of customer service, and not a business on its own competing in the hire and reward sector.

Technically van drivers still need to adhere to the GB domestic hours rules.

Juddian:
No, he means get a job with the few remaining companies who carry their own goods and service their own shops or customers, eg factory to customer or direct employed for supermarkets where you usually carry from RDC to supermarket, but direct employed by the company, not a contractor such as the green death.

Where the transport is really an extension of customer service, and not a business on its own competing in the hire and reward sector.

This is the sort of company I work for. I have worked on and off for 5 years with no issues as self employed but we sat down and went through the HMRC guidance and realistically I don’t fit that criteria. We did however negotiate a suitable rate and at Christmas I got my first holiday pay for 15 years!

P Stoff:

Juddian:

This is the sort of company I work for. I have worked on and off for 5 years with no issues as self employed but we sat down and went through the HMRC guidance and realistically I don’t fit that criteria. We did however negotiate a suitable rate and at Christmas I got my first holiday pay for 15 years!

You’ve cracked it :sunglasses: