Valid posts from Drivers

I first apologise to trucknet and its excellent site,

but I (and I hope not only I) have seen an increased amount of web numptys posting who have never been behind the wheel of what they talk so readily about :smiling_imp:

REEF you have a certain number M8 as post have shown :unamused: :wink:

I don’t want to discourage posts from newbie drivers but by christ if some of the views are correct and by valid drivers then its time to quit the industry. :open_mouth:

The above was probably quite confrontational but I believe it should be a site for bonafide drivers not internet wannabees :smiling_imp:

Its Difficult Trucknet and you do a sterling job, shame a pretender filter isn’t available on the internet :open_mouth: :wink:

N2N Transport:
I first apologise to trucknet and its excellent site,

but I (and I hope not only I) have seen an increased amount of web numptys posting who have never been behind the wheel of what they talk so readily about :smiling_imp:

I don’t want to discourage posts from newbie drivers but by christ if some of the views are correct and by valid drivers then its time to quit the industry. :open_mouth:

The above was probably quite confrontational but I believe it should be a site for bonafide drivers not internet wannabees :smiling_imp:

Its Difficult Trucknet and you do a sterling job, shame a pretender filter isn’t available on the internet :open_mouth: :wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

OK once more please… this time sober and in ENGLISH :wink:

It would be good to know “what type of Licence holder” is posting as we could get a better perspective as to “where they are coming from” but I do not think the site should discriminate.

ROG:
It would be good to know “what type of Licence holder” is posting as we could get a better perspective as to “where they are coming from” .

I don’t really see why. IMHO any driver is a fellow professional in the same job and facing mostly the same day to day issues. I don’t give a hoot if he is driving a V8 Scanny to Timbuctu or a Sprinter to the next street.

All should be made equally welcome and treated the same.

The only area I see this being necessary in is a specific question about a licence requirement (e.g. the whole tractor unit on a Cat C debate).

If we were all to declare our licence/s what would the point be. What next a brief history of experience, a list of countries you’ve driven to, trucks you’ve driven, where would it stop :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

If your gonna start that then some of us would have signatures so long there would be only one post to a page :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

I will agree to one thing and that is if you don’t have any relevant experience or knowledge to answer a question realistacly and correctly then DON’T bother wasting forum space and confusing people even further. As for the “I’ve run off and googled an answer so I can stick my beak in” brigade they can go away to. Don’t even get me started on the My Mate Told Me muppets :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

montana man:
The only area I see this being necessary in is a specific question about a licence requirement (e.g. the whole tractor unit on a Cat C debate).

You surely don’t mean the debate where the LGV instructors didn’t know which category of licence a driver needed, despite holding the relevant licence, and people who didn’t hold the licence did know? :wink: :smiley:

And then there is the fact we can’t agree on what licence we hold in the first place. :wink:

montana man:
If your gonna start that then some of us would have signatures so long there would be only one post to a page

Could that not be replaced by - “Been there, done that, got the t-shirt” or “Not been there, not done that, but My Mate Told Me.” :wink:

Coffeeholic:

montana man:
If your gonna start that then some of us would have signatures so long there would be only one post to a page

Could that not be replaced by - “Been there, done that, got the t-shirt” or “Not been there, not done that, but My Mate Told Me.” :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I like this site - no-one is afraid to voice an opinion. I do agree with your points on specific laws but one can only pass on the info given to them by a normally reliable source. If it comes to light that the info is out of date or wrong then it is sites like this that can bring the new up to date or correct info to the fore.

You mean, as in the thread MM mentioned 10 years out of date? :wink: :smiley:

ROG:
I like this site - no-one is afraid to voice an opinion…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
You mean, as in the thread MM mentioned 10 years out of date? :wink: :smiley:

Exactly :exclamation: - Having realised (mainly from other posters’ on this site - thank you :smiley: ) that the written word can be taken as gospel, I have been more careful in my wording of the posts and adding things like “as far as I am aware” or such like.

N2N Transport:

Only just found this post…

Exactly what is it ive done wrong or am being accused of :confused:

Please clarify?

Reef:

N2N Transport:

Please clarify?

probably everything - some-one has to get the blame :wink: :wink:
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Reef:

Please clarify?

I have NO IDEA MYSELF :smiley: :wink: