Uttoxeter Truck Show

Is anyone here planning on going to Uttoxeter Show? If so, which days? Or have I completely lost my mind and it has already been and gone? :wink: :grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just curious…

Well Lucy I thought you had already completely lost your mind sweetheart :slight_smile:
I would like to goto Uttoxeter show but I dont think I’ll have the time or the resources but I think Ang and Mick are planning on going at some point. I will be at the Barnard Castle show for the whole weekend (August Bank Holiday) where Dad and I will be doing some work for Justice for Drivers so anybody who comes along, keep an eye open for us and lend a hand! Thanks in advance.

John Vasey

I won’t be going but I think Mal said he was going with a mate of his. He asked me to ask you guys if he could borrow a tent for the night as he hasn’t got one and is looking forward to the experience :slight_smile:

:sunglasses:

I was going with the truck, but have changed my plans. Will be going at some point mainly to give 2 lads who work in the same quarry as me some greif (tarmac coloured DAF XF’s).

Will know what day nearer the time, poss sat pm or sun am

I’m planning to go Lucy, so may see you there. x

:slight_smile: I’m planning to go on Sunday.

I wonder how many fellow TruckNet UK members I’ll walk past on the showground this year without even knowing it? :frowning: :frowning:

i was going to go on sunday 15th but it has been a year since my brother passed away so i will be meeting my other 2 brothers in the pub and drinking in memory of our bro.
drinking was my brothers favourite past time so we will pay our respects the only way he would have wanted us to.
i have also got the rest of the week off to recover and make up to the wife and kids (not that the kids will notice me gone these days).

it was mentioned that there was to be an east midlands massive get together on sunday the 15 i will be meeting mal there aswell. its £7 adults £3 kids and 2dults and three kids is £18 :laughing:jonny i hope you and your brothers drink that pub dry rgds carl

Hiya Lucy, Are we having a TruckNet presence?

Im hoping to be there but after having 6 months paid holiday, I might have to go to work. I get sack on Friday 13th and can start new job on Monday or even Sunday :stuck_out_tongue: .

I’m going, don’t know which day yet. Taking the kids, they’ll love it! For more information, go to http://www.peaktruckshow.co.uk/.

So, then.

Who is going? When and where?

I might go for a blast on my bike and then decide whether to stop in my tent.

I will check posts in the morning!

I will be one dressed as an overweight power ranger in green and white leathers :stuck_out_tongue:

I take it no one else went to the show then?

I only saw a handful of trucks worth looking at, the rest were normal battered working trucks.

A couple of old TS3’s Commer, a Bristol in BRS livery and an old ERF with a couple of Pickfords ballasted tractors.

Im not one for truck shows but of all the ones I have been to, this was the direst.

It cost me £7 and I had walked round it all in an Hour :cry:

Me, the wife and the kids went on Sunday. It was the first time I’ve ever been to a Truck Show, I found it OK. It was even better for the kids than the air tattoo at Fairford, they were obsessed with crawling over the extendable trailers - the RAF wouldn’t let them climb over the Red Arrows!

One of Punchard’s blokes sorted me out with my Foden gearbox, and I’m thinking about becoming a tanker driver for Wiseman’s Dairies (never done tankers before)!

The trucks were brilliantly turned out, although I couldn’t see myself lying under a truck polishing the front leaf springs - a bit excessive. I saw a couple of Irish motors up close (they’re usually at lightspeed on the M6)!

It was alright!