UTC Time or local time for tacho

On a UK truck should the tacho (analogue) be on UTC time or Local time as just been told it must be on Local time where as i thought it was always UTC time.

I’ve never heard that it should be on either, always thought it was your choice, I always choose local time :smiley:

I prefer local time, have the later Siemens and by the time changeover comes round i’ve forgotten how to do it, eventually find the right way in, then every other bugger comes staggering over scratching their heads, ‘‘Judd can you do mine’’? Bleedin 'ell.

Oh bugger, now Nick’s bollocked me i’ll go sit on the naughty step and sulk… :open_mouth:

Never knew there was a UTC situation with tacho discs, thats me mitigation yer effervescence and i’m sticking to it.

Do any of you read :unamused:
The OP said ANALOGUE as that’s a paper disc it should always show the country of origin ie UK Local Time.

nick2008:
The OP said ANALOGUE as that’s a paper disc it should always show the country of origin ie UK Local Time.

THIS^^^^^^

As an aside, the digital tachograph will always record in and should be correctly set on UTC and yes you are allowed to set the DISPLAYED time to local but you are supposed to record manual written entries in UTC.

But yes for analogue it should be set to local.

thanks everyone

it should be set to the correct time in
the country of registration and left as such
even when you change time zones.
digis are left on GMT

hitch:
it should be set to the correct time in
the country of registration and left as such
even when you change time zones.
digis are left on GMT

correct! :laughing: you start in England :sunglasses: and it stays on that for the whole journey! :wink: imagine winding it on an hour in France Spain GERMANY Italy and the like! :grimacing: it stays as it is! :smiley: