UTC and local time fracas

We are getting moaned at by work because a load of drivers have changed the display time on the digi tachos to BST. Its company policy to have all digi tachos set to UTC only. Surely the local/display time is just that, a display? The tacho still records only in UTC. I know analogue tachos had to be set to the current time in the country of registration but is it the same for Digi’s? Anyone got a link to the law in question?

mucker85:
We are getting moaned at by work because a load of drivers have changed the display time on the digi tachos to BST. Its company policy to have all digi tachos set to UTC only. Surely the local/display time is just that, a display? The tacho still records only in UTC. I know analogue tachos had to be set to the current time in the country of registration but is it the same for Digi’s? Anyone got a link to the law in question?

there is no law

Just run an hour late everywhere

PAGE 37

UTC – the time set on a digital tachograph
The internal clock of a digital tachograph is set to Universal Time Co-ordinated (UTC). The time displayed on the clock face can be set by the driver either to local time or to UTC. However, all data will be recorded by the VU on the time set by the integral clock, which operates on UTC – this is the same as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

that’s the bit you can show your company.

mucker85:

but as the company pays your wages its acceptable for them to do this as they’re not breaking any law or legal requirement

nick2008:

mucker85:

but as the company pays your wages its acceptable for them to do this as they’re not breaking any law or legal requirement

I would hazard a guess they brought this in to try to stop drivers messing up manual entries between last Sunday in March and last Sunday in October.

Coffeeholic:

nick2008:

mucker85:

I would hazard a guess they brought this in to try to stop drivers messing up manual entries between last Sunday in March and last Sunday in October.

Walkers crisp did this

Coffeeholic:
PAGE 37

UTC – the time set on a digital tachograph
The internal clock of a digital tachograph is set to Universal Time Co-ordinated (UTC). The time displayed on the clock face can be set by the driver either to local time or to UTC. However, all data will be recorded by the VU on the time set by the integral clock, which operates on UTC – this is the same as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

that’s the bit you can show your company.

I remembered analogue tachos had to be set to the time in their home country. I just couldn’t remember if Digi’s did to. Thanks for looking.

Just annoys me when I glance at the dash I have to think what time it is. Shame the tacho controls the time displayed on the dash.

mucker85:
Just annoys me when I glance at the dash I have to think what time it is. Shame the tacho controls the time displayed on the dash.

what motor