Using Analogue and Digi Tacho's in same shift

I started shift at 17:00 with analogue tacho and took unit back, got replacement unit which had digi tacho, i completed analogue chart and just entered digi tacho in other unit to continue shift, when asked for manual entry, i selected “no” as i had recorded earlier work / driving on analogue chart…

is this legal as i recorded the first 90 minutes of my shift on analogue and the rest of the shift i have on my digi card / printout…

thanks…

I would have probably done a printout too just to cya.

as well as doing manual entry I mean

What mode would i enter for the manual entry on the digi card, it only had Rest / POA or other work, i had only been driving which was recorded on the analogue so i just cancelled the manual entry on the digi…

I would do a manual entry, putting in actual start time of shift, then do a print out, mark the other driving on the back & then continue as normal.

I dont suppose you can be arrested for doing 2 printouts in a day. I will be interested in other replies.

Don’t do manual entries on a digital card to cover periods that are shown on an analogue record, effectively it ‘doubles up’ the time you are working. Although not required you could write on the chart that you also drove a digital vehicle that day. Just make sure that you carry the chart and driver card so that they can be produced.
You cannot manually enter ‘driving’ on a driver card. If you enter it as anything else; work / availability / rest you are making a false record. The only way to record driving is by using a chart or driver card in the tacho.

geebee45:
Don’t do manual entries on a digital card to cover periods that are shown on an analogue record, effectively it ‘doubles up’ the time you are working. Although not required you could write on the chart that you also drove a digital vehicle that day. Just make sure that you carry the chart and driver card so that they can be produced.
You cannot manually enter ‘driving’ on a driver card. If you enter it as anything else; work / availability / rest you are making a false record. The only way to record driving is by using a chart or driver card in the tacho.

I can see where you are coming from on the doubling up, but would not common sense come into play here, you can’t drive 2 trucks at once.

If I drove an analogue truck for 50 minutes after spending 7 weeks in a digital, then went back to my digital and “forgot” my disc, VOSA would not have a clue unless there was a visit.

thanks for clearing that up, on another note, should i do a printout at the end of every shift if using a digi so if i have to produce my last 28 days, i can, or can i just produce my driver card and any relevant analogue charts for the last 28 days.

a printout at the end of every shift seems a waste of printer roll…?

bbez:
thanks for clearing that up, on another note, should i do a printout at the end of every shift if using a digi so if i have to produce my last 28 days, i can, or can i just produce my driver card and any relevant analogue charts for the last 28 days.

a printout at the end of every shift seems a waste of printer roll…?

A printout at the end of every shift is a waste of printer roll.
You can just produce your driver card and any relevant analogue charts.

Your driver card has all the information on it, that is your record of driving etc for the last 28 days.
Whoever asks you to produce your records should have the equipment to read your card.
Do not delve into your bag and produce your analogue charts at the first asking either. Make them work for it. :open_mouth:
They may not even bother asking for analogue charts, so leave them out of sight until asked for them specifically.
Out of sight, out of mind :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: .

thanks for clearing that up Simon