Using a unit out of work

Just a quick question. im after picking my missus up from the hospital in a unit after shes had the baby. can anyone see any complications in why i shouldnt do this? from a legal/insurance point of view

and if youre wondering why. just because :wink:

also apologies if this is in the wrong bit

She’ll love having to climb steps into a unit after giving birth :smiley:
Also,a unit has 2 seats…the drivers and passenger,where do you propose to fit 2 passengers?

only round the corner. she can go on the bed. its allowed when training.

and yeah the logistics of getting her in the unit is something that needs working on ill admit

The new born will need to have a baby seat on the passenger seat, which means the Mrs will not be legal as no seat belt for her.
I wouldn’t risk it mate, in case of an accident.
If she has been cut in her private parts, to make the birth easier, she may have stitches and be unable to climb up the cab steps.
I would arrange a taxi for peace of mind.
Is it your own unit or your employers ?

If you can work out how to fix a baby seat it could be possible, illegal without it.

chainmailguy:
only round the corner. she can go on the bed. its allowed when training.

and yeah the logistics of getting her in the unit is something that needs working on ill admit

She’s just had your child ffs treat her to a taxi and a posh one at that :unamused:

nah. theres a reason for it. my dad picked me up in a rolls royce when i had just been born and my sister got a double decked london bus. i waana continue the tradtion of ridiculousness with a wagon.

putting the baby seat in will be easy as it fits in with a normal seatbelt.

getting her in im thinking of some kind of trebuchet or a ramp built out of the bones of the elderly or similar.

You’ll need your EU trebuchet certification qualification to level 3 along with other pieces of pointless paper… and a hard hat.

Nothing more to be said other than you must be one of the most TIGHT FISTED people about, get her a Taxi

As long as who ever owns the unit is ok with it then it’s fine…crack on drive.

if i was tight fisted id use my car rather than paying for the diesel to get the unit from the yard to the hospital then the house then back to the yard. this idea is purely to be ridiculous. and to continue a tradition which my dad started. i wasnt asking whether or not you thought it was a good idea just trying to find out if there was any reason i legally couldnt do it. cheers for your input though.

I have a level 3 trebuchet operation license however it falls under Henry V legislation. not the EU. will this be an issue. bearing in mind the due date is a week after the referendum.

and yeah obviously ill need the bosses permission. dont really wanna get done for TWOCing a truck.

cheers for the comments guys.

I think she would rather walk home then climb up 3 steps… Especially if the poor girls been stitched back together! :open_mouth:

Can you borrow a decker / tail lift then she wouldn`t have to get out of bed ?

Think it is a great idea. Too many traditions are dying out. How about a stretcher across the catwalk if she can’t climb into the truck!!!
Nearly went off on a tangent there about traditions dying out - like the one about not letting illegals into the country but didn’t want to hijack the thread. (Might be too late!).
Anyway hope everything works out and good luck with the little one.

chainmailguy:
nah. theres a reason for it. my dad picked me up in a rolls royce when i had just been born and my sister got a double decked london bus. i waana continue the tradtion of ridiculousness with a wagon.

Ok but will she be willing to carry on the tradition, or see the funny side of it. :neutral_face:
I reckon if I had rocked up in a unit to pick up my Mrs and any of the kids, she would have gone ape â– â– â– â–  tbh mate.

So the baby is in a car seat strapped in with a seatbelt…your wife will travel on the bunk…without a seat belt…totally illegal…all passengers must have a seat and a seat belt…so hope you wont get caught by the old bill and given a fixed penalty for allowing it.
Also, no reason why you cant use a unit privately, providing the boss knows about it, and you comply with the hours of work and tacho regulations. Dont worry about keeping up with family traditions, get a bus…that will beat them all.

Or how’s about dropping off a pram the day before and let her walk home-start a new tradition-divorce straight after childbirth!

Beau Nydel:
Think it is a great idea. Too many traditions are dying out. How about a stretcher across the catwalk if she can’t climb into the truck!!!
Nearly went off on a tangent there about traditions dying out - like the one about not letting illegals into the country but didn’t want to hijack the thread. (Might be too late!).
Anyway hope everything works out and good luck with the little one.

Hahaha :laughing:

How about a coach?

Driver-Once-More:
How about a coach?

She’ll have had the baby - what training will she need?