Used my tacho on hire truck when moving

Hi all I helped move my parents this weekend in a 7.5 ton lorry. A few people said as I was driving a lorry for moving I didn’t need to use a tacho, anyways I wasn’t going to use it but as I was on my way to pick the lorry up on the motorway there was vosa hanging Abit and as I’m new lorry driver I thought I would be safe then sorry and put my tacho card in. Now I’m getting some truckers on fb saying I wouldn’t of done it as now I have messed my breaks/rest up and my boss ain’t going to be happy. Is this true?

By using your card you have declared your moving driving as work, so the time recorded cannot be treated as rest (daily or weekly).

If that was your weekend and supposedly weekly rest you’ll probably have infringements coming your way very soon…

ORC:
By using your card you have declared your moving driving as work, so the time recorded cannot be treated as rest (daily or weekly).

If that was your weekend and supposedly weekly rest you’ll probably have infringements coming your way very soon…

What’s infringment?

Also this was the first time I have used my card since I passed my test in jan

devonlad2009:
What’s infringment?

An infringement is a warning from your employer that you’ve failed to comply with the regulations.

I’ve just seen from your other posts that you’re starting a new job tomorrow.
Depending on the nature of the job your starting, by not taking the advice you was given in another thread about not using your driver card for private work you could have shot yourself in the foot.

If you’ve had at-least 24 consecutive hours rest before starting your new job you should be OK.

So I suppose the question is will you have had at-least 24 consecutive hours rest by the time you start work tomorrow ?

tachograph:

devonlad2009:
What’s infringment?

An infringement is a warning from your employer that you’ve failed to comply with the regulations.

I’ve just seen from your other posts that you’re starting a new job tomorrow.
Depending on the nature of the job your starting, by not taking the advice you was given in another thread about not using your driver card for private work you could have shot yourself in the foot.

If you’ve had at-least 24 consecutive hours rest before starting your new job you should be OK.

So I suppose the question is will you have had at-least 24 consecutive hours rest by the time you start work tomorrow ?

I start my new job on Monday

devonlad2009:
I start my new job on Monday

sorry I must have misread the post, anyway you should be OK.

Good luck with the job :wink: